iLive Starting Scenes

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions iLive Starting Scenes

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 11 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jomi
    jomi
    Participant

I use from time to time a ilive console. They configure it for me but i want to understand. For example on a Yamaha console i zero the console by recall scene 0.
    – How can i do the same on iLive 80?

– How mute groups work in iLive and where can find it?

Thanks a lot i love ilive consoles. Last Saturday i have done two stages (same night at different hours…) with iLive on both stages one with a iLive 80 (with iDR10) and the other with a R72 (iDR32). On sound check on R72 the touch screen stop working have to reboot…[:0] the guy from the sound company says that appends many times do you know whats the problem?.

But great consoles and good sound. Love the concept![:D][:D]

JOMI

Profile photo of tk2k
    tk2k
    Participant

There are no dedicated mute groups, instead there are 16 DCAs. A&H says that in order to make mute groups (which are just half assed DCAs anyway on a digital console) take the channels you want to mute group and route them through a DCA, then burry the fader on a level you don’t use. Then use the softkey assign to make the softkeys mute that DCA. Mutes are pre-fader post send so it works just the same as a channel mute

In terms of default scene, you specify that on an account-by-account basis, so admin might load a different default scene than guest. It will, by default, load last show last state when powered off, If you start a new show the default is LRSub

Other than ‘the touchscreen computer is broken’ it’s hard to say. The way A&H does it is there’s an entirely separate computer running the touchscreen, meaning it’s 100% independent of surface or mix rack operations (same setup as a Venue). The good news is it can be repaired/swapped out fairly inexpensively.

quote:

Originally posted by jomi

I use from time to time a ilive console. They configure it for me but i want to understand. For example on a Yamaha console i zero the console by recall scene 0.
    – How can i do the same on iLive 80?

– How mute groups work in iLive and where can find it?

Thanks a lot i love ilive consoles. Last Saturday i have done two stages (same night at different hours…) with iLive on both stages one with a iLive 80 (with iDR10) and the other with a R72 (iDR32). On sound check on R72 the touch screen stop working have to reboot…[:0] the guy from the sound company says that appends many times do you know whats the problem?.

But great consoles and good sound. Love the concept![:D][:D]

JOMI

Profile photo of jomi
    jomi
    Participant

clear replies! that you![8D]

JOMI

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Factory recalled shows contain some scenes for every part of the range.
    These implement varius setups for mix racks and surfaces. Because there all different (from 12 faders to 44) these is different for the surfaces.
    You can build your own scene and store these on an usb stick within your user show. Then you can import your layout to the given surface.

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16, Dante

Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

There is not a factory “zero” scene except the default setup scenes. You can create a “zero” scene to “zero” out any fader/processing/routing you want by editing what you want to be saved during scene saving. Then you can recall this scene any time you want to “zero” out the console.

112T/IDR48/IDR16

Profile photo of Pitk
    Pitk
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by jomi

For example on a Yamaha console i zero the console by recall scene 0.

Actually you do not zero Yamaha (at least LS9) by recalling scene zaro! Beware, it does not reset all parameters f ex delays in sends. You can zero all by holding down “Scene memory” when powering it up. This really clears the console,; no scene memories left, so remember to back up.

Well back to iLive:

You gotta be careful when palying around with shows; Just had an issue as we rented to surfaces and one rack: I made back-ups with that one rack as I left the other mix rack in the tour bus (the band needed a iDr48 instead of our 32:s, that’s why). So even the surface showed the shows saved there, the rack over rules them and the configuration is wrong. So allways make the back ups with the very configuration you’re using.

Pitk.

Jukka “Pitkä” Kurkela
    Äänimaisema Oy, Finland
    iLiveT80 / iDr32

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

I think it is not necessary to reset the console.
    It’s more useful to recall a state that is a starting point for daily work.

I made a setup scene for this.

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16, Dante

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.