patching input sockets to output sockets

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions patching input sockets to output sockets

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Stealth Stealth 11 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of steveILS
    steveILS
    Participant

Is it possible to run an output out through an input socket on the GLD? I had the wrong adapter, a male xlr-rca instead of a female xlr-rca, so I attempted to patch a matrix output to one of the input sockets on the console surface. I can do it in the IO, but I could not get sound of it. When I used the tab at the bottom of the touchscreen to check the source, it identified the port as a “mono matrix ext in”, instead of a matrix out. Eventually I just solved my problem with different adapters, but is it possible to do this?

Profile photo of steveILS
    steveILS
    Participant

is this a no?

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Steve

No I’m afraid you cannot send an output to an input socket on the GLD.

In the I/O page the input socket window allows you to choose where the physical socket is routed to within the desk.

For example if you selected input socket 1 on the AR2412 by default it will normally be routed to input DSP channel 1, though you can also send it to mono matrix External input. this means that input socket 1 on the AR2412 will be routed to the external input of mono matrix 1 you will be able to check this by selecting mono matrix 1 and viewing the external input page.

So you are choosing where the physical socket is being routed to in the DSP.

Hope that helps

Regards
    Sam A&H

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.