Midi Foot Control

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Midi Foot Control

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Karl Karl 11 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Karl
    Karl
    Participant

I am getting gld80 soon but need to be able to control effects on and off and maybe other functions with a midi foot controller.
    Could some one recommend a low price footswitch I noticed a behringer one might do it.
    And being a novice will desk phantom power the controller on pin 7 is it and do I just go out of footswitch midi out into midi in of desk is that it.
    And how easy to programme say reverb on & off.I am a novice and dont have the desk yet trying to keep controller price low so can spend more on desk extras.

Profile photo of Karl
    Karl
    Participant

Could any one tell me if I can run a midi controller footswitch from the midi in and out of the rear of the GLD 80 I just need to turn effects on and off with one

And also before I rush out and buy one of these desks is an ipad app definately on the way I heard rumours of December which would be ok for me

thank you for your help
    Is everyone happy with their GLD 80 ?

Karl

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Yes you can provided the Midi controller can send the required commands. To turn effects on/off you may need to use DCAs controlled by the Midi controller. Have a look in the downloads section for the GLD Midi spec to see what can be controlled and the midi commands used.
    I don’t think any power is available from the midi connections.

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

Profile photo of Karl
    Karl
    Participant

Thank You that is so helpful

I am pretty sure that the commands would be normal and pretty standard from most midi foot controllers.

This desk although everyone says it is well priced is alot of money for me to outlay as we have a small show but outside remote control is so important

I am just waiting so see if an ipad app will definately be on the way before I purchase
    I cant afford an ipad as well as the desk but I just need to know for sure the app is on the way before I splash the cash on this desk
    I Was going to order desk yesterday but waiting for that answer maybe next week now.

I am also looking at 2 other alternatives a company I just dont trust have just brought a desk out or a well known industry standard but I feel that maybe a mistake it’s so confusing the money needs to be spent right as this is a step up and a long term investment.

I will get ipad later in the year

Karl

Profile photo of Karl
    Karl
    Participant

lol still not getting it now gotta get to grips with a footswitch that sends nrpn whatever that is suppose I will have to ask the shop who sells me the desk to sell me a pedal that work’s on the GLD 80

it’s starting to be a headache and I havn’t even got the desk lol

Karl

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.