editor and mountain lion!

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions editor and mountain lion!

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of tk2k tk2k 11 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dymondaudio
    dymondaudio
    Participant

Editor doesn’t seem to work with Mountain Lion!

The only option you get is surface & rack, which is fine for when I’m using the surface but no good for the small gigs when I just want the laptop or ipad.

There are no options for editor & laptop or ‘offline’

Anyone got any ideas?

idr-32 & T80 + iPad2/Editor

Profile photo of tk2k
    tk2k
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by dymondaudio

Editor doesn’t seem to work with Mountain Lion!

The only option you get is surface & rack, which is fine for when I’m using the surface but no good for the small gigs when I just want the laptop or ipad.

There are no options for editor & laptop or ‘offline’

Anyone got any ideas?

idr-32 & T80 + iPad2/Editor

How about NOT upgrading mission critical software befo doing a compatibility check? I work at a professional venue in Boston and we’ still on 10.6 due to the weird way spaces and expose handle full screen video devices.

I’m sorry to be so harsh but the software hasn’t even been out a week and you expect A and H to have bug checked and released an update already?

Solution? Painfully easy, downgrade to lion, and wait a week or so. If you REALLY need mountain lion, well, you don’t. Sorry. The OS looks fantastic and i’ve upgraded my personal computers, but work comp wont be updated until Allen and Heath give it their approval, Qlab does, Dante virtual sound card is checked, and all that jazz.

Profile photo of tk2k
    tk2k
    Participant

Uh yeah they even have a warning on the website, can’t say they didn’t warn you.

Allen & Heath + Mac OS X Mountain Lion

In anticipation of the launch of Apple’s latest update to the Mac OSX Operating System (10.8 ‘Mountain Lion’), please note the following:

The correct operation of the full, public release of this platform is not yet verified by our development and test departments. As a result, support for OSX Mountain Lion is not currently offered for Allen&Heath digital hardware, software applications, or third-party proprietary software used with our product ranges.

We cannot confirm a date for providing support for this platform at present, but note that full software testing and verification will commence following the official launch by Apple. As our test programmes are completed we will update this notice.

We hope this helps

dymondaudio
    Participant

Thanks for your ‘help’

I simply asked if anyone had any ideas? not A&H sort it out etc. etc. So calm down!

Thankfully as I run parallels I can simply use editor in windows.

Profile photo of tk2k
    tk2k
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by dymondaudio

Thanks for your ‘help’

I simply asked if anyone had any ideas? not A&H sort it out etc. etc. So calm down!

Thankfully as I run parallels I can simply use editor in windows.

Sorry, its a bit of a flash point for me. A lot of people out there treat mission critical software platforms like their persona laptop and seem surprised when things go wrong…

The reason it doesn’t work is because apple updated the entire network sublsection of os x. Editor in offline mode (i believe) ‘hosts’ a fake local mixrack on the computer and just sends all the network commands internally (why it says building…. when you launch a new file)

So long story short, there will be a wait. My guess is Studiomanager doesn’t work either.

dymondaudio
    Participant

TBH it didn’t even cross my mind that editor wouldn’t work with mountain lion from the off – we live & learn! As mentioned, thankfully parallels allows me to continue as normal. + about 4 windows based laptops! I just like my mac ;)

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

Has anyone tested Mountain Lion with Dante yet? I’m just about to jump on a Mac Mini, be good to know if I need to make sure it comes with Lion, not ML!!!

Adam Biggs
    T80 surface & iDR48
    MixPad for iPad & Tweak for iPhone apps
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    with Belkin PlayMax N600 HD router
    Dante card tracking into Reaper with playback via FooBar

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

For the interest of Dante users, I had a reply regarding Mountain Lion from Audinate today:

“Mountain Lion testing is going well in the lab. It is not officially supported yet but in reality should be no significant issues.”

Adam Biggs
    T80 surface & iDR48
    MixPad for iPad & Tweak for iPhone apps
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    with Belkin PlayMax N600 HD router
    Dante card tracking into Reaper with playback via FooBar

Profile photo of abstractnoise
    abstractnoise
    Participant

I remember the same issues coming up when Lion was released…

Personally I’m not affected by this as I’m choosing not to upgrade from Lion until I *need* to. That said, I do have a concern for those who were “unfortunate” enough to buy new Apple hardware that only supports Mountain Lion with no (supported) option to roll back to Lion or earlier systems as the drivers don’t exist in those older OS bundles for the newer hardware. Regression of the OS *might* be possible in such cases but I’ve yet to have it work for me.

It’s unfortunate but entirely understandable (to me, based on somewhat limited understanding of Apple development cycles and their apparent aversion to roadmaps) that A&H has to be behind the curve on compatibility with future Mac OS releases.

Work web: https://www.allsouls.org
    Home web: https://abstractnoise.co.uk

Profile photo of Elphie
    Elphie
    Participant

Having lead a team of software developers, the solution comes down to one core issue: planning. Whilst Apple don’t make their roadmaps public, there is large degree of certainty within the Apple developer community about upcoming OS releases, predominately via the membership of the Apple Developer Connection.

A&H could easily pay for an Apple Developer account for $99US and get access to pre-release OS builds long before a new OS hits the virtual shelves. It’s not a great expense and it’s what most developers do. The main cost is time and hardware to run the development environment.

Welcome to the pitfalls of the digital world!

Cheers,
    Michael

Profile photo of tk2k
    tk2k
    Participant

In their defense, AVID, a much larger company, still hasn’t released any drivers or software updates for 10.8

quote:

Originally posted by elphie007

Having lead a team of software developers, the solution comes down to one core issue: planning. Whilst Apple don’t make their roadmaps public, there is large degree of certainty within the Apple developer community about upcoming OS releases, predominately via the membership of the Apple Developer Connection.

A&H could easily pay for an Apple Developer account for $99US and get access to pre-release OS builds long before a new OS hits the virtual shelves. It’s not a great expense and it’s what most developers do. The main cost is time and hardware to run the development environment.

Welcome to the pitfalls of the digital world!

Cheers,
    Michael

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.