AES output options

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions AES output options

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of QualityAV QualityAV 11 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JohnsonAV
    JohnsonAV
    Participant

This is more of a general question, but is there an option of getting more than 2ch. of AES output for either GLD or iLive other than the modular iDR10 rack cards?

Aaron Johnson, CTS

Johnson AV Engineering

a. 7011 N. Greenview Ave.
    Unit 1
    Chicago, IL 60626
    p. 847.404.1056
    e. aaron@johnsonavengineering.com
    w. http://www.johnsonavengineering.com

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi John

You can fit an MMO module to the GLD surface which will enable you to have up to 24 ADAT outputs, 2×8 channel iDR-Dout (AES, SPDIF, Toslink digital audio) output expanders for remote audio feeds.

please see the link below for more info.
    https://www.allen-heath.com/UK/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=iLiveSeries&ProductId=MiniMultiOut&SubCatId=AudioNetworkingOptions

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of kevinmcdonough
    kevinmcdonough
    Participant

hey

Just to follow up on this question, I’m in the market for a new desk and GLD is top of my list just now.

I had heard a rumour that in the future you will be able to buy or specify the GLD stage boxes with some of the output’s swapped for AES connections rather than analogue.

While I understand that you can include an AES card in the extension slot on the desk, this wouldn’t be my preferred option because A) I would like the digital outputs to be at the stage end of the snake so they can feed directly into my LMS/amp rack and B) I would like to keep the desk expansion slot free for a Dante card so I have the option of multitracking into my MacBook Pro/Protools when needed.

Ideally, I’d like to get a stage box with both an AR2412 and an AR84, with the outputs on the 84 being digital and feeding a main mix of L/R+sub directly into my LMS and amps, and the outputs on the 2412 staying analogue as normal to be used as monitor sends for wedges and IEM’s.

Could anyone speak to this, if it is indeed true and if there is a time-scale in mind?

k

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Kevin

I am afraid there is currently no plan to release a digital output version of the AR84 or AR2412. This is planned for iLive T-series MixRacks.
    If there is enough interest then this may be considered in the future of GLD.

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of bssmusic
    bssmusic
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Stealth

Hi Kevin

I am afraid there is currently no plan to release a digital output version of the AR84 or AR2412. This is planned for iLive T-series MixRacks.

Regards
    Sam A&H

Hi Sam,
    this is indeed of high interest! I would like it very much to avoid another D/A-a/D step with all it’s disadvantages ;-) and feed into the digital input of our Controllers.

Regards
    Peter

Profile photo of BobWitte
    BobWitte
    Participant

Same for us!

quote:

Originally posted by bssmusic

quote:

Hi Kevin

Regards
    Sam A&H

Hi Sam,
    this is indeed of high interest! I would like it very much to avoid another D/A-a/D step with all it’s disadvantages ;-) and feed into the digital input of our Controllers.

Regards
    Peter

Bob

Profile photo of QualityAV
    QualityAV
    Participant

I would have some digital out’s on my AR-Racks. [:D] So +1 …

Regards,

Ronald Guliker,
    GulikerAV.nl Netherlands

quote:

Hi Kevin

Regards
    Sam A&H

GulikerAV.nl ownes GLD-80

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.