iLive and Qlab

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions iLive and Qlab

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tom Tom 11 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tom
    Tom
    Participant

Hello Forum Members!
    Brand new member and iLive user, and I’ve been searching for some time and have yet to come up with something… so I’m asking, can anyone help?

I have an iDR32, and I’m trying to establish midi over IP using a macbook pro and the built in midi network stack, but it keeps coming back with 192.168.1.1:51325 didn’t respond to the connection request
    and won’t ‘light up’ so I can use Qlab to send midi messages for channel mutes and such…

running 1.8.3 firmware and editor, defaults on the mixrack…

anyone else get this to work? if so, how?

Thanks!!

iDR32, Dante, mixpad, editor on a Macbook Pro, Reaper for recording

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by sprsndman

Hello Forum Members!
    Brand new member and iLive user, and I’ve been searching for some time and have yet to come up with something… so I’m asking, can anyone help?

I have an iDR32, and I’m trying to establish midi over IP using a macbook pro and the built in midi network stack, but it keeps coming back with 192.168.1.1:51325 didn’t respond to the connection request
    and won’t ‘light up’ so I can use Qlab to send midi messages for channel mutes and such…

running 1.8.3 firmware and editor, defaults on the mixrack…

anyone else get this to work? if so, how?

Thanks!!

Hi , are you using a midi interface? or just connecting macbook pro network port to mixrack network port?

As far as I know iLive does not accept midi messages on the network ports.

The best way to do this is by using a midi interface (usb-midi) and leave the network for iLive control…..

Ray

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Why not just send the MIDI messages to Editor? You could run Qlab and editor on the same MackbookPro and loop back midi messages internally. I do this with Logic and Editor. Midi in Editor is also much easier to deal with as you can customize the messages whereas the IDR has a fixed midi message protocol.

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

Profile photo of Tom
    Tom
    Participant

Thanks Ray, yes, that’s what I’m doing now, however for the production, my mixrack and pc will be a couple hundred feet apart, linked via wifi for control, and gig ethernet for dante recording. Qlab will be running on a separate machine and I’m not sure of the capibilities there….

Also Ray, I think it is supported, see https://www.allen-heath.com/UK/CategoryDocuments/iLive%20TCPIP%20Protocol%20V1.8%20iss2.pdf I just can’t make it work with the built in MIDI stuff in the Mac, for some reason….

Stix, thats not a bad idea, I wanted to reduce the points of failure, but if I can’t make the midi via IP work, then these 2 options are all I have.

Thanks for the replies guys, if anyone has the ip midi working, how’d you do it?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.