gld improvements

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions gld improvements

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of jmibk jmibk 11 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of gilles
    gilles
    Participant

that would be a great security to get a confirmation before overwriting or saving a new scene . the scene manager is not clear. i’ve lost some scenes or overwrited accidentally while saving due to an unclear saving system.
    After saving one scene or more, if we don’t save the show and an electrical shutdown comes, we lose these scenes, it’s boring to store the show after each new scene

Profile photo of MoreTalentPlease
    MoreTalentPlease
    Participant

I have an other idea: Parallel to the recommended cables A&H can do an other Link: recommended USB-Sticks!
    As we know, A&H Digies are a quite bitchy to some Makes of Sticks, so I think, that could help choosing the working Sticks.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by gilles

that would be a great security to get a confirmation before overwriting or saving a new scene . the scene manager is not clear. i’ve lost some scenes or overwrited accidentally while saving due to an unclear saving system.
    After saving one scene or more, if we don’t save the show and an electrical shutdown comes, we lose these scenes, it’s boring to store the show after each new scene

After restart there should load your last setting. This should contain your last saved scenes as well.

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16, Dante

I had a little run in with a lack of scene saving confirmation this weekend. I figured it out.

If I save a scene to a show I need to save the show also or I will lose the scene when I recall a different show.

WHAT WE REALLY NEED IS….either an auto save of a show whenever we change we recall a different show or at least give us a prompt to choose whether to save the show or not before it will recall the new one.

Currently it just tells us that all of the data will be over written. I would much rather have an auto save. When changing shows we aren’t concerned about the extra couple seconds that it will take to save the show.

Profile photo of Sami_T
    Sami_T
    Participant

I think that the engineer should have a much more clearer sign that (s)he is mxing to some other bus than L/R. Now it is way too easy to get confused about what you are doing and it is really bad thing. Especially when you are doing monitors from FOH. Take a look at the LS9, there is a blinking text on top of the screen “SENDS ON FADERS TO MIX 9″… etc…

Otherwise I’m fine with the UI, although there are lots of things that should be slightly improved. The UI is quirky in some things, yes, but it works.

There are two essential (to me) things that should be corrected:
    – there is no de-esser. and I (or should I say we) really need it.
    – low shelving eq frequency goes only to 200 Hz which is not high enough. Typically I use low shelving eq to reduce low mids on male vocals, synth pads, percussion and so on. Low shelving eq should go to at least 500-600 Hz (as it almost always does on any professional console)

Profile photo of jmibk
    jmibk
    Participant

Things i wish on the GLD desk:

– USB Playback: “repeat all” and “shuffle play”-
    – functionality for automatic channel select if you move the channels fader.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.