ACE on HP ProCurve Switches

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions ACE on HP ProCurve Switches

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of jgottfredson jgottfredson 11 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jgottfredson
    jgottfredson
    Participant

Has anyone used ACE with HP ProCurve Switches? I have a system where were are using two VLANs on 2910al switches with control, Dante, and ACE (VLAN 1- control/Dante, VLAN 2- ACE). The switches are used to allow the console to easily move between an audience FOH position, and a control room.

It works fine except that the surface I/O inputs have a popping noise about every minute. I have tested this scenario using cheap Netgear switches and it worked fine. I figured that high end ProCurve switches would also work. Any thing that goes through the Mix Rack including Dante has no popping, it is only the surface I/O that is affected.

I have turned off the recommended layer 3 & 4 protocols in the switches per the A&H documentation, but it does not help (I could not find any settings for tagged egress packets, I assume that making the ports on the VLAN untagged is the same thing?).

I also tried some ProCurve unmanaged switches (1810) with ACE only, but they also had the same popping issue.

I have two setups that are nearly identical (same problem) as follows:
    Setup 1: IDR-48, T112, (2)HP ProCurve 2910al with Fiber Trunk
    Setup 2: IDR-32, R72, (1)HP ProCurve 2910al.

Thanks,
    Jason

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.