Input card problem

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Input card problem

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of AndyH AndyH 11 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mdsaudio
    mdsaudio
    Participant

I’m just wondering on what the A&H repair policy is on input cards?

I have a idr10 input card that I have lost control of the last 3 channels. Still works and passes audio, but will not respond to any changes. It appears to be a problem somewhere in the address decoding for each input.

I have spoken to the Australian distributor and have been told that they have no iLive service info for anything but the power supplies, but would be happy to sell me another card.
    At A$1500 for a new card I would like to at least try to be able to repair the one I have.
    Hopefully these are not considered a throw away item?

Thanks,
    Darren

Profile photo of Rexeltw
    Rexeltw
    Participant

IIRC there’s a 3 year warranty on iLive modular bits unlike the T-series stuff so thats’s the first thing to check.

If its a PCB level repair required I don’t think even A&H will bother as its far easier to replace these things than repair. Sucks if its you paying to replace mind…

Just remember kids no matter how good your mixing is you can’t polish a turd…

mdsaudio
    Participant

Can we get a confirmation from A&H? Is the iLive system not repairable to component level? I’m hoping the electronics are not considered a throw away and replace item! If so, …ouch!

Unfortunately the system is out of warranty. I’ve been using the iLive for 4 years now, I was one of the early adopters who took the leap of faith!

Darren

Profile photo of Rexeltw
    Rexeltw
    Participant

Sorry, bad choice of words. Anything is repairable at component level but its far cheaper (in general) to build a new one than repair an old partially faulty one.

Hopefully A&H will correct me but they used to only look at faulty parts if they believed they had manufacturing or component failure problems they were unaware of. The rest I imagine get recycled.

Probably best to submit a service ticket with all the details on it and see what comes back.

Just remember kids no matter how good your mixing is you can’t polish a turd…

mdsaudio
    Participant

Probably because I come from an electronic service background, I find it hard to just change out boards!
    The local distributor/agent can’t help, but it would be good to hear from A&H on this as to the repair policy on the iLive range!

Can anyone at A&H fill us in?

Darren

mdsaudio
    Participant

Again, anyone at A&H?????

Can we get an answer on this? Do you support iLive for repair, or do we have to buy complete boards/modules?

I’m hoping the silence doesn’t mean it’s the latter.

Darren

Profile photo of AndyH
    AndyH

Hi mdsaudio,

Sorry, I don’t know our current iLive repair polices. But our UK A&H Support guys will. If you open up a support ticket:

https://allen-heath.helpserve.com/

They will be more than happy to help,

Cheers,

AndyH

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.