M-waves soundgrid control over ACE

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions M-waves soundgrid control over ACE

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Barni Barni 11 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of vilddyr
    vilddyr
    Participant

Hi.

Just bought an m-waves card and server. Currently i have only a single cat5 from stagerack to FOH. Can i plug ny computer into network bridge on The surface and reach The soundgrid server this way? Without interupting the surface connection of course. how about recording via soundgrid driver, should there be bandwidth enough for this? (gigabit connection of course)

I’m looking quite much forward to using the waves plugs at FOH :-P

Regards, Tor

Profile photo of inlinemedia
    inlinemedia
    Participant

hi!

yes – that’s possible.
    i do it this way ;)
    you can find “how to dos” on waveslive.com and ilive-digital.com (nice webinars from nicola:))

greetz,
    andie

andreas putz
    foh engineer
    office@inlinemedia.at

Profile photo of vilddyr
    vilddyr
    Participant

Grelt news ;) how about recording/virtual soundcheck?

inlinemedia
    Participant

no problem!
    you have a 3-port switch on the m-waves card ->
    -) one for bridging to the tcp/ip port on the mixrack (tunneling through ACE)
    -) one for connectiong the sg server (live-processing)
    -) one for the recording computer (with the sg driver installed)

fine ;)

greetz,
    andie

andreas putz
    foh engineer
    office@inlinemedia.at

Profile photo of vilddyr
    vilddyr
    Participant

Yes, I know that, but I was wondering if it was possible to even do the recording/playback through the ACE connection, from the surface. Not that this is expected, but if it works, it would be quite something :)

inlinemedia
    Participant

no – recording through ace is not possible because of bandwidth limitation.
    but if you want your recording computer at foh, the easiest way is to take a second cat5 cable (foh <-> stage)
    i will do this in the future in that way: recording computer (macmini) on stage, that is remoted from foh macbook (this should work through ace as well because there are no high datarates transmitted/received)

greetz,
    andie

andreas putz
    foh engineer
    office@inlinemedia.at

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

I don’t know if it will meet your requirements, but you could plug the recording machine into the Waves network at the stage end, and have a laptop at the mix position connected to that machine using remote desktop software. This should allow you to control the recording, while only requiring one cable between stagebox and surface. You would need to experiment to make sure the bandwidth used by this does not affect anything else, but I expect it should work.

Cheers

– Jeff, A&H

inlinemedia
    Participant

… yes – that’s my plan, too.
    i’ll do the controlling of m macmini on stage by remote desktop through ace.
    it should work cause of the bandwidth that is not sooo high, i think – just control data.

greetz,
    andie

andreas putz
    foh engineer
    office@inlinemedia.at

Profile photo of Barni
    Barni
    Participant

I am running a Macmini on stage remotecontrolled from my macbook at FOH over ACE… works fine with both Waves and Dante

T-80
    iDR-32
    PL-6
    iPad-MacMini-MacBookPro

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.