No desk on a job!

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions No desk on a job!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of jgrooms jgrooms 11 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Rui-Miguel
    Rui-Miguel
    Participant

Hi, I just wanted to share with you guys that I just finished my second event mixing with an iDR16 and no desk, just iLive Editor and iPad on Wi-Fi.
    First time we did a music trio live performance, and second time just some speeches and presentations.
    The thing is, it works… and on a small venue like a Restaurant or small conference room, real estate is valuable, and your FOH position is like a Unicorn…a fabled beast that you hear some people talk about, but never really saw.
    So, basically, thank you to Allen&Heath for providing a really nice piece of new gear that actually works as a valuable tool in your daily job.

Surface: T112 / T80
    Rack: iDR48 / iDR16
    PC: Editor 1.83
    iPad2: MixPad

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

yep same here i do it all the time for small stuff or single band events –
    idr 48 – ipad – old vaio (single core haha)- and a behringer bcf 2000.

with the bcf by mistake i tried to have a preset ready wich was wrong – first i prepare the show with editor and the pad and once set i only address the important faders and “knobs” i ll really need for running the show (such as delay send, fex returns ,soloists on foh ,and some dca mutes) works great.

cheers
    dave

allways latest firm and software
    iLive-144/t-80/idr-10 /idr-48/dante/pl-6/eyepad 1/belkin router/

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

I’ve only recently splashed out and bought a T80 surface (after 2+ years of owning first an iDR32, then an iDR48), before that I mixed every show with a laptop & Mixpad… and I have to say that I still do most shows that way! There’s a huge convenience factor in it for single band gigs, and again not needing to set up a FOH position almost decides it for me on most shows!

Adam Biggs
    iDR48 & IDR32 mixracks
    MixPad for iPad & Tweak for iPhone apps
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    with Belkin PlayMax N600 HD router
    Dante card tracking into Reaper with playback via FooBar

Profile photo of jgrooms
    jgrooms
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Rui Miguel

The thing is, it works…

Yup it does. This is my primary system as I mainly do sound for my band and small venues. There is simply no room at these venues for a console out front but always room for an iPad and a laptop on/side the stage. :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.