iPad connection for GLD

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions iPad connection for GLD

This topic contains 55 replies, has 34 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Moparcar Moparcar 11 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of bigbean
    bigbean
    Participant

Hubba Hubba!
    Much joy in mudville!
    Looks good in demo mode.

The surest way to windup with nothing is to wait for everything. On the other hand, the 2nd mouse always gets the cheese.

Profile photo of Moparcar
    Moparcar
    Participant

Ok, got the app and did a bit of fooling around after the gig tonight. Seems to work fairly well, but am having trouble getting the select function to work correctly. For example, I will select AUX 1, the select button indicates it has been selected on the iPad, but the desk does not reflect this and I can’t actually mix the aux send as I would expect. In general mix mode the faders do respond to the iPad control, but not in the deeper functions of the mixer, ie; aux, fx etc. anyone else tried it yet? I am mixing again tomorrow from 2-5pm PST (California) and will give it another try during the show. Am happy to have the app, but really want to EQ, mix and set monitor levels from the stage vs in the hobbit hole the FOH mix position is located in. Hoping for the best.

“Can I get some talent in the monitor, please.”

Profile photo of gkhewitt
    gkhewitt
    Participant

From what I saw earlier if you are mixing an aux (or any mix other than main) it will not change the view of the console but the changes do take effect. If you switch into the same aux on the console you can see the changes ‘live’

I think the idea is that someone could be on the console and someone else mixing on the ipad, or if you have a band member mixing their own mix, it will not change the view of FOH.

Moparcar
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by gkhewitt

From what I saw earlier if you are mixing an aux (or any mix other than main) it will not change the view of the console but the changes do take effect. If you switch into the same aux on the console you can see the changes ‘live’

I think the idea is that someone could be on the console and someone else mixing on the ipad, or if you have a band member mixing their own mix, it will not change the view of FOH.

Ah, that makes sense. Is there someplace I can find a complete reference guide to the features and controls of the app? Thanks for the info. Am headed to the venue for another show and will give it a full workout today. Cheers.

Profile photo of MoreTalentPlease
    MoreTalentPlease
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Moparcar

quote:

Up on your IPads sreen you’ll find “setup”.
    Edit: Selecting any channel on the IPAD it is apparentely not present on the console….
    then on the right “Strips” and below that “help”….take a look!
    [8D]
    Ah, that makes sense. Is there someplace I can find a complete reference guide to the features and controls of the app? Thanks for the info. Am headed to the venue for another show and will give it a full workout today. Cheers.

If Your Monitorguy with Ipad is not changing Gain/Trim, Channel-EQ or Routing…try to set several accounts by logging in the iPad shows all accounts – so i think it could work….i’ve just loadet the app…a lot to play with it….seems to be quite powerfull…

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

I’ve testet the App today and i think it’s great! I’m using it with the Apple-Airport-router and can still work in distance of 50meters from the surface away! Without loosing performance, speed or connection!

I figured out some bugs that are not really important but still nice to correct in next update:
    Color-Assignments for the Channels don’t take effect when changing them on the Ipad.

Further nice to have for the ipad-app would be:
    1. Meter-view of all channels or of the custom-meter-layer like on the GLD-Touchscreen!

2. The possibility to save and recall GEQ Setting (library)

3. Working with scenes on the ipad (next scene, GO, etc.)

Thank you guys for the App! It’s really worth to me!

GL2400 32CH ==> GLD-80 / AR2412 / AR84

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

The app is great, and I have some consructive feedback:

– there is no library access
    – I can edit Custom1, but it isn’t listed at the bottom/right. Only Custom2 is there.
    – selecting PAFL did not provide any audio through the iPad headphone out. Is there something I’m missing here?

Thanks,
    Dave.

GLD-80, AR2412, Peavey Versarray 112s 218 & CS Amps eh

Profile photo of gkhewitt
    gkhewitt
    Participant

Custom2 is available on the top layer which you get when choosing “Routing” from the top menu bar.

I think the PAFL is for using the RTA?

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

quote:

Custom2 is available on the top layer which you get when choosing “Routing” from the top menu bar.

I think the PAFL is for using the RTA?

I was expecting both Custom1 and Custom2 to be available in the bottom screen. Custom1 is only available in the toolbar(top of screen). Custom2 on the bottom. More custom screens on the bottom would be useful.

Profile photo of byondo
    byondo
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Dave

– selecting PAFL did not provide any audio through the iPad headphone out. Is there something I’m missing here?

it would be too good to be true ;) “PAFL” is just the remote command to the mixer, so you can listen to it only thru the “headphones out” on the mixer.
    there is a common workaround: connect a wireless IEM to the headphones out and use your “remote” headphones thru the bodypack.

Regards
    Massimo

Moparcar
    Participant

While very colorful and pretty, there are some things I hope get some attention in the first update.

Wish list:

Access to library files

Access to tap delay and FX racks from the iPad

Having the Inputs on the iPad reflect the control surface setup, not simply 1-48

Metering, RTA or custom would be awesome, too.

Overall a solid App and much better than nothing. Perhaps some of these changes are coming in the first update? I would give up the flashy colors for a more responsive interface that doesn’t hog the battery of my iPad as much, too. The Library/Scene access would have been great yesterday as I mixed 7 different bands back to back to, well, you know…

Anyone else have some experience to share yet?

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.