iPad connection for GLD

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions iPad connection for GLD

This topic contains 55 replies, has 34 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Moparcar Moparcar 11 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of hanysz
    hanysz
    Participant

Do you know when it will be finalized application for ipad? Will be only for ipad?

Profile photo of KJREngineering
    KJREngineering
    Participant

The iPad app is really a must have. The computer editor is also so desirable. We do a lot of digital console installs in theatre and HOW venues and being able to set up templates for the client to immediately use and work off of with all of their the routing for the venue’s system is really cool and much faster to do on a computer. Also the ability of being able to build new or re-build templates and email them to the client when they are having routing issues for shows is really nice too…

BKool

Profile photo of leandrol
    leandrol
    Participant

… me frustra que no exista una app para iOS y para MAC para la GLD..

Profile photo of leandrol
    leandrol
    Participant

… frustrates me that there is no app for iOS and MAC for GLD ..[V]

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

This may be showing my ingorance, but how much difference is there between an ipad remote app and an (ipad based?) editor?

The remote app would obviously have an interface to allow parameters to be changed etc. Could this same software be allowed to run offline and have “save scene” and “save show” buttons added to it?

Chris

Profile photo of Jonboy
    Jonboy
    Participant

Is there any update to the timeframe for the iPad App (original quote posted September)?

quote:

Originally posted by robc

Just to confirm, we are working on an ipad app for GLD.

We will keep you posted,

RobC
    A&H R&D

Profile photo of hanysz
    hanysz
    Participant

Only for Ipad or for Android or Windows too?

When the software will be finished?

PLEASE answer these simple questions Allen!

Profile photo of rorikx
    rorikx
    Participant

they have left us ……. ohhhhhh

Profile photo of QualityAV
    QualityAV
    Participant

Latest info I’ve received is the App will be released at the earliest end of January 2013.
    Bummer….

GulikerAV.nl ownes GLD-80

Profile photo of rorikx
    rorikx
    Participant

We wait this app a long time.

I Want to a free app

Profile photo of BostonMatt
    BostonMatt
    Participant

Any word on the iPad app?

It’s December! ;-)

Matthew Reid
    WBMX-FM | Boston MA USA
    Grace Church | Stoughton MA USA
    A&H GLD-80, etc…

Profile photo of Mike-Mullin
    Mike-Mullin
    Participant

I also await the Ipad app with great anticipation, but everybody relax would you?
    Good gear and software takes time.
    cheers,
    Mike

Profile photo of mwhurley
    mwhurley
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Mike Mullin

I also await the Ipad app with great anticipation, but everybody relax would you?
    Good gear and software takes time.
    cheers,
    Mike

If I remember correctly the ipad app was supposed to be out in August? It’s December now! And still no official update on it’s progress.

I really like the GLD-80 board. Not sure that I like A&H support. I asked them for a more complete user manual, not the 28 page “user guide”. They said to me in November, “We are currently working on a much more in-depth document which will be available online in the next few weeks.” really? a .pdf can’t be emailed. An exhaustive/complete user guide should have been available when the GLD-80 was released.

Very strange!

Profile photo of Rexeltw
    Rexeltw
    Participant

Not sure A&H even admitted they were thinking of releasing an iPad app in August. As the majority of users would prefer a glitch free board rather than a wireless app that falls over all the time I’m quite happy to wait. Now that v1.9 firmware & Onemix have been released for the iLive I’m sure they’ll be working on it a bit faster.

As to the manual its a bit hard for them to release a manual for a board that has constantly improving features and workflow. If you want a long document you need a desk that never improves…

Just remember kids no matter how good your mixing is you can’t polish a turd…

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

The user manual could be available only online in pdf format rather than in print. This wold allow a new edition of it to be released with every firmware update.

There actually seems to be more information available within the console itself under the “?” buttons than is in the manual.

Personally I find the GLD intuitive enough that it doesn’t really matter. I don’t know in my head the exact series of buttons that need to be pressed to do something, because I’ve never needed to memorize it.

Chris

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.