GLD DIgital System questions

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions GLD DIgital System questions

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Koopdaddy Koopdaddy 11 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Koopdaddy
    Koopdaddy
    Participant

I apologize if these questions have been asked before, I read through all the posts but perhaps I missed them.

My church is planning to renovate our AVL system and the GLD system has caught our attention. It appears to have the features and price point we are looking for. Being that it is a new product, I have a few questions that could use some clarification. I have never used a digital console or system before and I want to make sure I understand it correctly.

1. The Aviom port on the AR2412. Do I need to also have Aviom’s input module in order to use the AV-16II’s? Or can I directly daisy chain the AV16II’s directly from the port on the AR2412? Do I need the distributor hub?

2. I know there are on-board FX included with the console. How would I connect an outboard processor if I need to?

3.The user manual states that GEQ is available for all outputs. Does this mean one universal GEQ setting being applied to each output, or can I have independent GEQ settings for each one? Same with any of the fx really. What about inputs?

4. The USB connection, can a USB hardrive or PC be connected to this port for recording or playback?

5. Will PC/Ipad control be added to this system?

That is all I can think of right now, I am sure I will have more later. Thanks again for any advice and help.

Jared

Profile photo of gilparente
    gilparente
    Participant

Hi Jared,

Ill try to answer a few here:

1- you do not need the input module. You should be able to daisy chain, but i strongly recommend against it. If your first mixer dies, your entire system is down. Get a distro.

2- you can connect using the inputs and outputs on the surface or rack. Using the output page in the console. That being said, I’ve yet to have to patch external processors in over 20 iLive installs.

3- GEQ is indiividual for every output. Not available on inputs, only parametrics.

4- not sure on the harddrive, but yes for a USB stick

5- iPad, yes. PC, no. (according to AAH)

Hope it helps.

If you have any other questions, feel free to call.

Gil Parente
    Design & Integration
    Entertainment Arts, Inc.
    iLive 176, T112
    iDR48 , iDR16, iDR10
    Multiple iPads
    Dante
    Etc..

Koopdaddy
    Participant

Thanks Gil.

1. I understand that and we would have te distro, I just wanted to understand how the port functioned.

2. Thanks!

3. Thanks!

4. What about an iPod plugged into the USB port?

5. Thanks!

I have some new questions.
    1. Does the console have buttons to change scenes? Or can I program the user defined keys to directly change a scene? I not is this a feature that is in the works?

2. With the dAnte card I can simply plug in a computer tuning the recording software to that port for full 48 channel recording?

Thanks!
    Jared

Profile photo of gilparente
    gilparente
    Participant

Answers to the new questions:

1- yes. You can assign to the user buttons.
    2- yes. With Dante Virtual Soundcard as your interace.

Gil Parente
    Design & Integration
    Entertainment Arts, Inc.
    iLive 176, T112
    iDR48 , iDR16, iDR10
    Multiple iPads
    Dante
    Etc..

Koopdaddy
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by gilparente

Answers to the new questions:

1- yes. You can assign to the user buttons.
    2- yes. With Dante Virtual Soundcard as your interace.

Gil Parente
    Design & Integration
    Entertainment Arts, Inc.
    iLive 176, T112
    iDR48 , iDR16, iDR10
    Multiple iPads
    Dante
    Etc..

Just to be clear, I am referring to a button to quickly go to “the next scene” or “previous scene” without going through the recall menus?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.