Double LCR question

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Double LCR question

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Stealth Stealth 11 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

I was reading about someone wanting to do a double LCR system the other day. My immediate thought was it cannot be done with an iLive. After thinking about it a bit the thought occurred to me about using the speaker processor as the second LCR. So the question would be if I assign inputs to run through the LCR speaker processor will the pans work the same as the pans on the main outputs seeing that the source for the speaker processor is a stereo group?

PS. No questions about why or the validity of it. I am just trying to determine if it is possible and how it might work. More of just a mental exercise.

112T/IDR48/IDR16

Profile photo of dshriver
    dshriver
    Participant

I don’t think the speaker processor would do it for you.

The way I would approach this problem is to set up the desk without a main buss. Then create 7 mono auxes. I’d assign each mono aux as an out to a speaker (Left 1, Left 2, Right 1, Right 2, Center 1, Center 2, Sub). Then I’d just run the entire system like I would normally run an aux fed sub. Set all of those auxes as POST fader. To setup the show I’d press MIX on the IP strip and bring up the aux for each speaker that needs that channel and I’d vary the levels to control the stereo positioning. Then I’d assign all 7 auxes to a DCA and use that DCA to control the main output level.

I had a BE once time request a aux fed center and an aux fed sub. This just takes that idea farther. You’d lose the ability to change the panning with the rotary encoder but this is the easiest way I see to setup what you want.

-d

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Kent

The Speaker Matrix Processor produces 3, 4 and 5 output speaker stack options from stereo LR programme. This enables LR Mixes to be distributed to FOH across different stages widths.

The answer to your question: The speaker matrix LCR does work differently from the standard LCR main mix option, the speaker matrix uses phase alteration to keep a balanced stereo field across a wide stage.

Please see the link below for more information on the iLive FX.

https://www.allen-heath.com/UK/CategoryDocuments/iLive_Rack_FX_Emulations_rev3.pdf

Regards
    Sam A&H

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.