Interchangeability or ACE & ETHERSOUND cables

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Interchangeability or ACE & ETHERSOUND cables

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of teknik99 teknik99 11 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of teknik99
    teknik99
    Participant

Hi All,

A & H have a series of recommended & tested cables for using with ACE either in Ilive or GLD and if you have ES there are Recommended & tested cables (at certain maximum distances) available from the ES website.

My question is are the cables interchagable noting the distance limitation.

Examples
    Klotz RC5 ACE tested 120m ES tested 85M
    Etherflex ACE tested 120M ES tested 85M
    Belden 1305A not ACE tested ES tested 105M
    Canare RJC5ES-4P-BS not ACE tested ES Tested 75M

Can cables that have passed ES testing be used on Ace.

I know A & H can not be expected to test all cables available on the market its not their prime focus and I’d rather see them keep working on the new firmware but maybe they have a general rule of thumb or advice given their ACE recommendations are limited to 5 cables some of which are not available in all geographical markets.

Cheers

Profile photo of gilparente
    gilparente
    Participant

Hi teknik99,

Ace and Ethersound follow typical ethernet cable specs. Basically, anything decent until 100m. I’ve used all sorts of different cables, including HomeDepot Cat5e at lengths over 150 feet and never had any real issues.
    The longest I’ve ever use is LinkUSA Cat6 at around 360ft, which is over their recommended limit.
    I personally do not get hung up too much on cable recommendations. Just buy decent, reliable cables and you will be fine.
    my2cents.

Gil Parente
    Design & Integration
    Entertainment Arts, Inc.
    iLive 176, T112
    iDR48 , iDR16, iDR10
    Multiple iPads
    Dante
    Etc..

Profile photo of inlinemedia
    inlinemedia
    Participant

… i am using the belden 1305a catsnake (90m) with ethercon-plugs and it works great with ace – no issues/drop-outs/etc. till now.
    i am also using a eurocabel cat6 type – same!

by the way: belden 1305a is a recommended cabel in the ilive manual … ;)

greetz,
    andie

andreas putz
    foh engineer
    office@inlinemedia.at

Profile photo of teknik99
    teknik99
    Participant
    Quote:
    Originally posted by inlinemedia

by the way: belden 1305a is a recommended cabel in the ilive manual … ;)

greetz,
    andie

Cheers for the update and news on success with the Belden 1305A with Ace.

It is very intersing that the manual refers several times to the A & H website for recommended cables (which does not include the Belden) but as you correctly point out the manual goes on to say they have tested and recommend 1305A – nothing like conflicting information.

[:)]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.