mmo card

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ahjeff ahjeff 11 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Colin-Entner
    Colin-Entner
    Participant

Is anybody using an MMO card to feed a hearback inear system or other digital output? I have installed the card but can’t find anywhere on the I/O patch section or anywhere else to feed channels to the card.

Colin

Profile photo of CareyD
    CareyD
    Participant

Hi Colin,
    You can assign sources to the various MMO outputs using the I/O screen ‘I/O Port Out’ tab. This shows 64 outputs going to the port. The following channels go to outputs:

1-24 = ADAT 1-24
    25-32 = iDR/Hearbus A1-8
    33-40 = iDR/Hearbus B1-8
    41-56 = Aviom 1-16

Note that this mapping is not the same as that shown in the MMO instructions which refers to the option loaded in the modular iLive surface.

Sorry that this is not very clear. Some of the I/O Port option card information and settings is not yet implemented on this first release firmware and will be included soon.

In the meantime we will post an MMO mapping chart on our web site as soon as we can. I will post back here later when this is done.
    Regards,
    Carey

Profile photo of Colin-Entner
    Colin-Entner
    Participant

Thanks Carey, yes all the documentation with the card is for the ilive and I couldn’t find any routing info simialr to what is show on the ilive on the GLD.
    Colin

Profile photo of Sound Doctor
    Sound Doctor
    Participant

This post was very helpful to set up routing on my GLD80 to Hearback system. I am having an issue though that generates a question. Is there a limit as to length of CAT5 cable between the MMO card and a Hearback hub? When connecting MMO to HB hub with a 6-10ft Cat 5, no problem, but if I use my 100ft cat 5, no synch.
    If I use a short cat5 between MMO & to a HB hub at the console, then out the HB hub via 100ft cat 5 to another HB hub at the stage, no problem.
    The 100ft cable synchs D-link between console and staqe fine. (I have 2 100ft cat5’s in a sheath, one for HB, one for d-Link).
    Is there a weakness in the MMO signal from the HB audio out that it can only travel short distances?
    Anyone have experience with this?

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

Hi americanmadesound

Please contact Allen&Heath technical support in the UK regarding this issue using the following link:

https://www.allen-heath.com/UK/Support/Pages/technicalsupport1.aspx

Cheers

– Jeff, A&H

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.