any news about Firmwareupdate?

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions any news about Firmwareupdate?

This topic contains 58 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of guyharris guyharris 11 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ceejay
    ceejay
    Participant

I was sold on the selling aspect that future upgrades and how flexiible iLive would fit into my inventory in a fast paced changing space. iLive would be a superior business decision compared to the competition. Although I agree partly with the point that a purchase must be considered based on need at that point in time, I do understand that running a business with top notch products is important to get the job done. ROIC is important to me. I am responsible to my stakeholders to deliver talent and supporting technology that meets their criteria, and also make a profit to stay in business – as Allen & Heath needs to push new product out the door and make the sales plan.
    Not to digress from this particular subject matter, but my expectation and hope is that this new upgrade differentiates iLive from GLD and also competes with the newer brands delivered at this point in time. My fear is that GLD will cannibalize iLive. I love the product, but I also want it relevant for a few more years.

CRJ
    Oswego, IL

T112 & iDR48
    Sony F 1.73GHZ I7 8 Core
    Win 7 Pro 500GB HD 8G RAM
    TP-Link WR1043ND & Airport Express

Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

I understand your point. But putting pressure on A&H in the way like “if you dont dont do that i will buy another console” as i had read it here several times is the wrong way.
    I bought my ilive with firmware 1.43 and had all the cool new features since then.
    OF COURSE i am waiting for 1.9 to and hope there will be some new cool features in it.

Lets see what september brings…

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

quote:

I love the product, but I also want it relevant for a few more years.

I certainly hope so. BTW, we’re neighbors.

iDr48/T-112/MADI

Profile photo of ceejay
    ceejay
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by dburris

quote:

I love the product, but I also want it relevant for a few more years.

I certainly hope so. BTW, we’re neighbors.

Hey neighbor!

CRJ
    Oswego, IL

T112 & iDR48
    Sony F 1.73GHZ I7 8 Core

Profile photo of tcacfoh
    tcacfoh
    Participant

Just waiting….. Believe me i wouldn’t buy another unless i get a bigger surface or add another iDR for expansion.

Thanks A&H for such a great product.

Glen Clark,
    T112, iDR48
    The Church At Covington Front Of House

Profile photo of datadat
    datadat
    Participant

First off, thanks to A&H for making the iLive a great system.

I’ll be ecstatic if V1.9 includes a multiband compressor. Desperately needing it.

Tony

Tony Benson
    Standing Hampton Group
    http://www.standinghampton.com

Profile photo of ceejay
    ceejay
    Participant

Question about upcoming release of firmware.
    Is their any advantage or option, to clean install the new release? Similar to removing an operation system and reinstalling?
    I have noticed the system is slower with all the firmware updates that I have installed on my rig, within the past 24 months. Thank you.

CRJ
    Oswego, IL

T112 & iDR48
    Sony F 1.73GHZ I7 8 Core

Profile photo of jazzg
    jazzg
    Participant

– multiband compressor
    – drive/distorsion
    – stereo expender
    – exciter….
    – and I would like to use my UAD plugins in this system :D

:)

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Christopher Johnson

Question about upcoming release of firmware.
    Is their any advantage or option, to clean install the new release? Similar to removing an operation system and reinstalling?
    I have noticed the system is slower with all the firmware updates that I have installed on my rig, within the past 24 months.

That would be great. I’ve noticed that too.

Tim Gibson
    Tech Director
    EV Free Church
    Crystal Lake, IL

Profile photo of gilparente
    gilparente
    Participant

This is getting silly now.. It has being way too long for a firmware upgrade. At first, my customers were getting upset, but now i’m running out of “excuses” and the market is getting tougher with some of the new offerings. Im starting to have to play the convincing game, which i’m not very fond of.

AH. I’m a big fan of the system and have supported it since its inception and will continue to do so. Don’t miss understand this post as discontentment.

Please update us on a expected date for release.

Gil Parente
    Design & Integration
    Entertainment Arts, Inc.
    iLive 176, T112
    iDR48 , iDR16, iDR10
    Multiple iPads
    Dante
    Etc..

Profile photo of robc
    robc
    Participant

Hi Gil,

Re my last post on the 25th July .. ‘we hope to preview the software early September around PLASA time. I obviously cannot announce what’s in the release until final development and testing is completed.’

v1.9 will be previewed at PLASA.

robc
    A&H R&D

Profile photo of sraymond
    sraymond
    Participant

Boy, it’s gonna be a long week! [;)]

quote:

Originally posted by robc

Hi Gil,

Re my last post on the 25th July .. ‘we hope to preview the software early September around PLASA time. I obviously cannot announce what’s in the release until final development and testing is completed.’

robc
    A&H R&D

Scott

iDR 32
    iDR D-Out
    MMO
    Lenova T61, M90, iPad2

Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

Any news on 1.9?

Profile photo of PeterM
    PeterM
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by robc

Hi Gil,

robc
    A&H R&D

PLASA finishes tomorrow, has anybody previewed the new iLive firmware? what does it do?

PeterM

Peter

Profile photo of Doug
    Doug
    Participant

Saw it at Plasa yesterday, multiband comp is there as are 3or 4 Graphic eq’s

http://www.maltingsaudio.co.uk

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.