iLive for college theater analog replacement

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions iLive for college theater analog replacement

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of David-R David-R 11 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of David-R
    David-R
    Participant

Hi all,

Newbie questions here.

I am an AV systems design engineer looking at iLive to potentially replace an old analog board and patch system in a general purpose performing arts hall at a college.

Is this a reasonable choice for student operators and inexperienced users?

In your experience, how does iLive compare for ease of use and learning curve with other digital console systems, especially Yamaha?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Razz

Profile photo of gilparente
    gilparente
    Participant

Hi David,

Having used and commissioned almost every digital console out there, I can easily say that the iLive is by far one of the easiest console to operate and instruct on. Set up is a little more intense, but it will only be done once. Hopefully. I’ve installed it in over 10 churches and most are run by volunteers with little or no audio experience. I dont even get one call per month on it.
    Im not a big fan of Yamaha, so i rather not mention anything about it.
    Midas is easy for an experienced digital console user, but not so much for beginners.

Gil Parente
    Design & Integration
    Entertainment Arts, Inc.
    iLive 176, T112
    iDR48 , iDR16, iDR10
    Multiple iPads
    Dante
    Etc..

Profile photo of David-R
    David-R
    Participant

Thanks Gil

From some of the marketing and training videos iLive looked like a good possibility.

My company does very sophisticated full spectrum AV systems design and integration, mostly corporate, medical and private schools.

We do performing arts theaters from time to time but the technology changes so fast these days we go through a learning curve ourselves each time.

David Rasberry CTS ISF-C
    Senior Design Engineer
    SCI Electronics Inc.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.