Soft Key channel muteing

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Soft Key channel muteing

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of kentlowt kentlowt 11 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of naffdave
    naffdave
    Participant

Why is it on the iLive you cant assign a softkey to mute multiple input channels i find it very annoying that i can only use the soft keys to mute the DCA’s.
    All other desks you can mute multiple channels by there channel mute which are much easier to see than the small DCA mute light it sort of defeats the object of having a channel mute.

Dave

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by naffdave

Why is it on the iLive you cant assign a softkey to mute multiple input channels i find it very annoying that i can only use the soft keys to mute the DCA’s.
    All other desks you can mute multiple channels by there channel mute which are much easier to see than the small DCA mute light it sort of defeats the object of having a channel mute.

Dave

HuuM!!!!!’ you can mute input channels and assign to sofkeys…..the way to do this is to create mute/unmute scenes……in the processing view of a scene, select mute levels and assignments /input channels, select input channels you want to include as well as softkey selection and leds…….etc…..

Ray

Profile photo of dnxmirrorsounds
    dnxmirrorsounds
    Participant

mute scenes – what an awesome idea. I hadn’t thought of that. Thank you :)

Duncan Whitcombe
    @Dnxmirrorsounds
    Mirror Sounds & metrochurch
    Perth, Australia
    T112, iDR48x2
    http://www.mirrorsounds.com.au
    http://www.metrochurch.org.au

Profile photo of naffdave
    naffdave
    Participant

I dont use scenes as i just do the one show and i often want to mute my mon channels seperate to my foh channels. And like i said i want to see the mutes on the channels as they are easier to see.

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by naffdave

I dont use scenes as i just do the one show and i often want to mute my mon channels seperate to my foh channels. And like i said i want to see the mutes on the channels as they are easier to see.

If you setup your shows in a similar way everytime (like on an analog board) creating a mute unmute scene Is a set once and forget action…+ you will see the mute led on the channels!! just forget that its a scene , think of it as a mute group ………FWIW, refusing to use the tools that are available because you don’t have the tool you want makes little sense……

Ray

Profile photo of martijn
    martijn
    Participant

You have 16! DCA’s
    In this way you can assign you FOH inputs to DCA15 & your Mon inputs to DCA16.
    Use the User defined Keys to Mute the DCA and your reached your goal.

Even better if you assign these DCA’s to a strip you can acces your Master volumes for FOH & MON separatly (as the DCA’s control your inputs).
    You can even assign your Masters to an DCA and only mute the masters!

Profile photo of martijn
    martijn
    Participant

If you are in to MIDI you can use a custom midi string to Mute multiple cahnnels!

Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by martijn

You have 16! DCA’s
    In this way you can assign you FOH inputs to DCA15 & your Mon inputs to DCA16.
    Use the User defined Keys to Mute the DCA and your reached your goal.

Even better if you assign these DCA’s to a strip you can acces your Master volumes for FOH & MON separatly (as the DCA’s control your inputs).
    You can even assign your Masters to an DCA and only mute the masters!

This is what I do.

112T/IDR48/IDR16

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.