What DAW do you use with ILive and Dante & Why?

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions What DAW do you use with ILive and Dante & Why?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Musikhof Musikhof 11 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of huffditty
    huffditty
    Participant

Hi guys!

I am wanting to make a final decision on a DAW on our Dante PC. We have tried Presonus Studio One, but setup and playback is difficult. Is there one that is simple to map for recording, and then map for playback with a “scene switch” type of setup?

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by huffditty

Hi guys!

I am wanting to make a final decision on a DAW on our Dante PC. We have tried Presonus Studio One, but setup and playback is difficult. Is there one that is simple to map for recording, and then map for playback with a “scene switch” type of setup?

REAPER…….https://www.cockos.com/reaper/index.php

Ray

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

I use Nuendo because I use it already in the studio…

The new Nuendo Live coming this summer is interesting as well.
    Lastly I tried with a friend of mine the Presonus Studio One V2. That’s very nice as well. And it’s easy to setup.

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16, Dante

Profile photo of gilparente
    gilparente
    Participant

Hi, huffditty

Im not sure of your specifics, but if you are just trying to playback virtual sound check, there should be no scene change in your DAW.
    Just assign all your tracks to corresponding Dante outputs, disarm record and playback. Change the scene in the console to receive Dante inputs.
    We use Studio One quite successfully here. You can contact me or John at john@eartsinc.com if you want some hints on the set up.
    John uses Studio One to capture and Ableton Live to playback multitracks at the same time, all using Dante. He is a great resource for these weird set ups.
    Hope it helps.

BTW… My preferred DAW is still ProTools but you would be limited to 32 tracks of multitrack record.

Gil Parente
    Design & Integration
    Entertainment Arts, Inc.
    iLive 176, T112
    iDR48 , iDR16, iDR10
    Multiple iPads
    Dante
    Etc..

Profile photo of clarocque
    clarocque
    Participant

I am using Logic 9. I tried Reaper and really liked the Matrix but found when recording 64 tracks reaper would pause slightly on the screen on rare occasion. Subsequently, I found that was reflected in the recording. After experiencing this on two different computers (well powered macs), I felt it was not worth the chance for live recordings and went back to Logic (which I uses in studio primarily).

I will say the direct outs were not as graceful as Reaper, but was easy enough in Logic.

T112, iDR48, M-DANTE, PL10, MixPad, Editor
    MacBook Pro, Mac Mini
    Lion/Logic Pro
    All latest versions/firmware

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

sampltude pro

reasons:
    1.same as in my studio
    2.used to it
    3.solid recording engine for 15 years now records audio and midi at the same time perfectly (i always record all the midi avaiable coming from the band)

no i dont have a deal

cheers
    dave

allways latest firm and software
    iLive-144/t-80/idr-10 /idr-48/dante/pl-6/eyepad 1/belkin router/

Profile photo of frozenwaffles
    frozenwaffles
    Participant

ProTools 10…
    Its easy and awesome to use…

Current stock:
    2x T112, 2x R72, 2x iDR-48, 2x iDR-16, 2x xDR-16
    4x Dante Cards, 3x ACE Cards

Profile photo of e-sound
    e-sound
    Participant

Hi

I`m using a Macbook pro with Prologic 9 i find it easy to set up for rec.

Oee

quote:

Originally posted by huffditty

Hi guys!

Oee

Profile photo of Musikhof
    Musikhof
    Participant

Like MUMU i use Samplitude ProX like in my Studio … and for 3rd party users – also installed Reaper 64bit Version.

IDR48 & T112, iPad, Belkin Wireless, Dante, Lenovo i5, Samplitude ProX

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.