Copy and Paste

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Copy and Paste

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of TJCornish TJCornish 11 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of soundman47
    soundman47
    Participant

Maybe I’m just missing something simple but I’m not sure how to copy and paste. I can select a channel and hit copy , then when I hold down paste and press select on the channel I want to paste to, it says cannot paste here . . .

Any ideas ?

T112/IDR48
    T80/IDR32
    GLD80
    AR2412
    iPad 2
    Linksys/Cisco E3000 router
    Everything updated to current Firmware

Profile photo of QualityAV
    QualityAV
    Participant

what do you want to copy??
    Copy-paste works on my console.
    Just select what you want and paste it on an already existing channel..

GulikerAV.nl ownes GLD-80

Profile photo of CareyD
    CareyD
    Participant

You need to first select what you want to copy. For example, hold down the Copy key and at the same time press the Sel key of the channel you want to copy. That puts its processing parameters on to a ‘clipboard’. Then hold down the Paste key and press the channel Sel key for the channel you want to copy to.

You can copy by holding:

Copy+ Sel (green key) = All channel/mix processing (but not preamp)
    Copy+ Mix (blue key) = All channel/mix sends and assignments
    Copy+ Compressor Sel key = Just the compressor settings
    Copy+ Preamp Sel key = Just the preamp Gain,Pad,48V
    and so on…

You can reset parameters in a similar way by holding down the Reset key and simply pressing the Sel or Mix key of the parameters you wish to reset.

I hope that makes sense [:)]
    Regards,
    Carey

Profile photo of TJCornish
    TJCornish
    Participant

I wanted to pipe in and say what a cool feature this is – both copying and resetting.

When I first tried to do this I was digging around on the screen for “channel job” or some other function requiring multiple on screen button presses. When I figured out there are hardware buttons, I was really happy. That’s been my biggest challenge in getting used to the GLD so far, coming from Yamaha land – knowing what’s on the surface vs. what’s on the screen.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.