old vaio

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mumu mumu 11 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

well finally made it
    i have a old single core vaio wich ithought i could use as a dante recorder,
    now first i took out the standard drive replaced it with a 7200
    hdd and did a blank xp3 installation (no sony stuff at all) it took me a while till i ve found a good graphics driver,fond one on a gamer freak site wich has plenty of options, now i had the problem on recordings wich where 15ms gaps within rthe files,but my daw not showing asio problems, so yesterday i finally found it, it was the graphics card having vpu recover set to on. vpu recover is a setting the gives the graphics card the ability to reset itself as soon it is “stressed”, said in a simple way:
    the card thinks ouu there is to much for me to show so quick (in this case building waveform graphics) i go from scratch and have a look what i have to display this going to take me only 15ms and i dont care being on the same irq with the lan card, i am the boss here.

there you go i switched of vpu recover and yep 32 channels 24bit recording flawless on a 8 year old vaio

cheers
    dave

allways latest firm and software
    iLive-144/t-80/idr-10 /idr-48/dante/pl-6/eyepad 1/belkin router/

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Well done Dave!

Similar issues here with certain nVidia drivers – found out the driver caused intermittent DPC latency spikes. Sometimes Windows standard VGA drivers might be better for pro audio if you don’t need 3d acceleration.

DPC latency is the timing delay imposed on certain instructions used by the computer to process data. Device drivers, including wi-fi and video adapters, can hold the CPU for a long time, with spikes of several milliseconds. This affects all kernel-based audio drivers, no matter whether the interface is FireWire or network based, causing dropouts on playback and recording.

Free tools such as DPC Latency Checker from http://www.thesycon.de can monitor the DPC, so you can check your computer’s capability for streaming audio data.

I’ve added a KB article with tips & tricks for multichannel recording:

https://allen-heath.helpserve.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/465/103/dante-multitrack-recording-maximizing-performance

Hope you find this useful.

Another good resource for troubleshooting DVS issues is the FAQ section on the Audinate website.

Nicola
    A&H

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

this is helpful for old ati and nvidia cards running on xp

https://www.omegadrivers.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=58&Itemid=57

the give you all the options wich the standard manufacturers drivers of the time did not have

cheers
    dave

allways latest firm and software
    iLive-144/t-80/idr-10 /idr-48/dante/pl-6/eyepad 1/belkin router/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.