Another How the Heck to do I do this question

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Another How the Heck to do I do this question

This topic contains 15 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 11 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Okay, I am setting up a show for a musical theatre event. I need to be able to recall scenes very fast. I have 33 scenes. I don’t see a way to assign “Next Scene” to a soft key. With only 10 soft keys it really doesn’t help me much. Am I missing something here.

I want to be able to load a cue list and go right down the list.

Also, How do I delete a cue list? Manual says I can recall and save cue lists but I can’t figure out how to delete a cue list or change the names of the cue lists.

Thanks a bunch, Ryan

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Ryan

Currently there is not an option for Previous and next scene recall on softkeys, though this is on the feature request list.

Currently there is not the option to delete Cue list’s we are aware of this and this will be fixed in future firmware.

Regards
    Sam A&H

quote:

Originally posted by Stealth

Hi Ryan

Currently there is not an option for Previous and next scene recall on softkeys, though this is on the feature request list.

Regards
    Sam A&H

This shouldn’t just be on the “feature request list.” Without this feature available on the soft keys the console is totally unusable for the musical theatre events that I do, which is a very large portion of my business. I am sure that many other users in the near future will agree. This so important that it really needs to be in the first update, otherwise why even have 500 scenes available if you can only recall 10 of them quickly all at the expense of losing access to other soft key functions.

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Gee – that’s a pain! I don’t have a GLD but for recalling scenes you may find this post interesting as the GLD scenes can also be recalled by Tcp/ip (and MIDI):
    https://iliveforum.allen-heath.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1965&SearchTerms=Top

Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzgH98b1QAs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The GLD TCP/IP protocol is available to download from the GLD Documents page on the A&H site.

Might be a short term solution until next/previous scene functions are available!

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

quote:

Originally posted by Stix

Gee – that’s a pain! I don’t have a GLD but for recalling scenes you may find this post interesting as the GLD scenes can also be recalled by Tcp/ip (and MIDI):
    https://iliveforum.allen-heath.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1965&SearchTerms=Top

Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzgH98b1QAs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The GLD TCP/IP protocol is available to download from the GLD Documents page on the A&H site.

Might be a short term solution until next/previous scene functions are available!

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

I looked at that and tried to see if I could do a custom MIDI comand in the softkeys which it will let you do however it only lets you choose an actual scene # to recall. Therefore I could still only recall the same 10 scenes, one for each soft key and I would lose the use of the keys for any other funtions. I haven’t looked into an outboard MIDI device to setup Program Changes in to choose all of the scenes but this is really a huge issue for me. All the little bugs that are always expected in a new products are really no big deal but without the ability to recall next or previous scenes with the push of a button is a super bummer!

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Does q scene recall the settings of the softkeys as well? If so, the programm in every scene a softkey with the next scene number to recall and store it…
    On the iLive it will work, hope on the GLD as well.

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16, Dante

quote:

Originally posted by steffenromeiss

Does q scene recall the settings of the softkeys as well? If so, the programm in every scene a softkey with the next scene number to recall and store it…
    On the iLive it will work, hope on the GLD as well.

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16, Dante

Awesome, This is the work around that will get me through the gig but it is very slow to program all the scenes this way. Thanks for the tip.

Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

As i have to say its quite funny what customers are wanting from an manufacturer.

It seems like that everybody is buying things (no matter if mixing desk or an phone) for something that this product is not capable of at the time they buy it and insist that the manufacturer MUST make an update…

Of course Bugfixing is a “must have” but why do you buy something that the console is not capable of and then insist that they have to reprogramm the firmware for your needs?

Dont get me wrong – regular feature updates are very nice and are always welcome – and of course i want them, but i bought my Ilive and i KNEW what it was capable of at the time i bought it and not what it might be capable of in the future.

Just my thoughts on reading so many “i want to haves” on both forums.

Profile photo of TJCornish
    TJCornish
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by albin

As i have to say its quite funny what customers are wanting from an manufacturer.

It seems like that everybody is buying things (no matter if mixing desk or an phone) for something that this product is not capable of at the time they buy it and insist that the manufacturer MUST make an update…

Of course Bugfixing is a “must have” but why do you buy something that the console is not capable of and then insist that they have to reprogramm the firmware for your needs?

Dont get me wrong – regular feature updates are very nice and are always welcome – and of course i want them, but i bought my Ilive and i KNEW what it was capable of at the time i bought it and not what it might be capable of in the future.

It’s very hard to do an evaluation of a product pre sale to the level of many of these items even if you can get your hands on it. It’s impossible for something like the GLD that hasn’t been shown much.

When you buy a car, you expect the defroster to work, even if you are shopping in the summertime. Ryan’s request is a pretty big oversight on the part of A&H. I would have expected Next/Previous scene to be there too.

Other items are wishes that don’t rise to the level of “must have”, but are just that – wishes for better functioning. I don’t see the problem in suggesting changes – it’s the best market research that a manufacturer can possibly get.

I’m very glad for you that the ILive is perfect as it is.

quote:

Originally posted by albin

This is a brand new item on the market. I did my research as much as possible including driving 800 miles round trip to see it at NAMM and talk with Allen and Heath Reps. From the get go it was understood that all of the features and firmware were not finished. This particular missing feature is a big one im my opinion. A&H put 500 scenes in the GLD but some how forgot to put in a way to quickly access them. This isn’t me begging for a feature that it doesn’t have. It is me pleading for the feature to be added as fast as possible because without it, 500 scenes are pretty useless and the console is almost impossible for me to use for a large portion of my clientele. Until the soft keys are made to have next and previous scenes available there is not a single theatre that would put this console on the top of it’s list.

Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

As i said – dont get me wrong – improvements are very welcome – bugfixing is a MUST!

Maybe that was not the perfect topic to reply to, but i was also reading many “must add this” topics.
    And as far i can tell A&H is always reading and taking our suggestion serious.
    But when they say its planned in an future release and they get a reply like – why in future release – make it happpen now! I just wonder.
    If you need features thats not in the GLD – go for an ILive, dont demanding updates.

And of course I have a wishlist for the Ilive as well, but never be so shameless to put preassure on A&H as many others trying to do.

Just my thoughts.

Profile photo of JLD
    JLD
    Participant

I am convinced that A & H know and have a plan for future upgrades, features to be implement in a product like GLD. Meanwhile, I hope that we, as users may have some impact on the priority for the functions to be implemented.
    After all, we are the customer, and a better market understanding, than to listen to existing customers is hard to get for free.
    What we do not know is what limits is set by market reasons, not to compete with the ilive system. On the other hand, if GLD should be a product that competes with other brands, it must have a minimum of features (Convinced that A&H has looked at the LS9 and Sicompact).
    I can agree that the next scene button is one of the features needed to compete with the GLD system, this has been standard on other brands for long time.
    Another feature these days is a remote control software and in many situations an Iphone app or similar.

The problem with written statements in a forum like this is to know in what tone the author wants to express himself. I hope that A & H staff is reviewing this and I am sure they will take business decisions when they develop the product further.

Profile photo of byondo
    byondo
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by JLD

I subscribe every single word of your post.

Massimo

Profile photo of jammiejammie
    jammiejammie
    Participant

Did anyone find a suitable work around for this ?

Can anyone get a softbutton to change to the next scene ?

GLD all the way ;)

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

quote:

And of course I have a wishlist for the Ilive as well, but never be so shameless to put preassure on A&H as many others trying to do.

I fail to see what’s shameless about discussing a wish list and priorities for a professional product on a forum explicitly for that purpose. To each his own I suppose.

iDr48/T-112/MADI

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.