Follow Fader possible?

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Follow Fader possible?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of QualityAV QualityAV 11 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of QualityAV
    QualityAV
    Participant

Hello there all,
    After the change from Yamaha LS9 to the GLD I’m missing one thing that was really a good thing on the Yamaha: “Follow Fader”. What this does:
    If you TOUCH a fader, it is automatically “selected” in stead of having to press the “Select” button. You when you touch a fader you can instantly change the setting (eg. equalizer or gate etc.)

It has happened several times now i wanted to change some thing on a channel, but changed another channel…

Hope this future will be added in another firmware update.

Regards, Ronald Guliker
    GulikerAV.nl The Netherlands

By the way.. I’m the first with a broken AR84[:(!]

GulikerAV.nl ownes GLD-80

Profile photo of Detonator
    Detonator
    Participant

I am a former LS9 user, and though I used the feature you’re describing, I see no real value to it. More than once I eq’d a channel other than the one I intended, due to an inadvertant touch, and became very “single function” in my mixing.

I prefer selecting a channel to make changes without worrying about making fader changes to other channels. ie – eq a vocalist while pulling down the keys, fx, or other – can’t be done with “touch fader” active. I thought your way when I switched to the iLive, but haven’t missed that feature or even thought about it until this post.

I’d rather see A&H put resources in other areas…

Regards,

Tim Tyler
    Detonator Sound
    Richmond, Va USA
    T112/48 R72/32 laptop iPad Dir-815 Dante

Profile photo of Mike-Mullin
    Mike-Mullin
    Participant

I would like to have the option of using this sort of feature.
    Thankyou

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

As a previous user of digidesign that was one feature I was very glad my iLive did not have, if you mix with your fingers on a number of faders at once then the constant selecting and re-selecting of various channels drove me mad. But as often said “different folks Different strokes”

Profile photo of byondo
    byondo
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Mike Mullin

I would like to have the option of using this sort of feature.
    Thankyou

Waiting for an official reply from A&H, but I think this is a “hardware” feature, not a “software” feature, so it’s simply not possible. As other say, IMHO I prefer not to have it, it would lead to more accidental errors than to effective advantages.

regards
    Massimo

Profile photo of QualityAV
    QualityAV
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Mr B

As a previous user of digidesign that was one feature I was very glad my iLive did not have, if you mix with your fingers on a number of faders at once then the constant selecting and re-selecting of various channels drove me mad. But as often said “different folks Different strokes”

Can be, but make this possible like in the LS-9.. there you can switch it ON or OFF..
    For you it will be in the OFF mode, but for me, and I think many others, it will be in the ON mode [:)]

Pleas A&H,, put it in… [:D]

GulikerAV.nl ownes GLD-80

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.