Odd number of mono busses?

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Odd number of mono busses?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere Lieven-Dewispelaere 11 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of TJCornish
    TJCornish
    Participant

It appears that you can only assign an even number of mono busses when setting up the mixer. I can’t, for example, have 1 mono group and 5 mono auxes, the minimum is 2 mono groups and either 4 or 6 mono auxes.

This might be a limitation if trying to use the mixer to its full capacity. Can this be changed?

Thanks!

Profile photo of byondo
    byondo
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by TJCornish

It appears that you can only assign an even number of mono busses when setting up the mixer. I can’t, for example, have 1 mono group and 5 mono auxes, the minimum is 2 mono groups and either 4 or 6 mono auxes.

This might be a limitation if trying to use the mixer to its full capacity. Can this be changed?

Thanks!

+1 for me!
    Another idea, more “experimental”: 8 effects are too many in most of “small to mid-size” situations; it would be great if in the resource page there was the ability to exchange an fx unit with 1 or 2 output mixes.
    Just dreaming? …

regards
    Massimo

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

It’s possible on the ilive range to choose how many mono/stereo effect you want. It’s in the configuration page.
    I suppose it would be the same on the GLD
    The reason you have to assign in pairs is the DSP architecture. that’s hardware an cannot be changed.

Lieven

T112/IDR48/R72/IDR16/xDR16/2ACEcards/IPad1
    Save a tree, eat a beaver

Profile photo of byondo
    byondo
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Lieven Dewispelaere

It’s possible on the ilive range to choose how many mono/stereo effect you want. It’s in the configuration page.
    I suppose it would be the same on the GLD

yes, but if you don’t want to use all 8 of them, you cannot free some additional resource to add more mix outputs.
    But I think it’s a matter of DSP architecture too, so it’s just too “experimental” [;)]

regards
    Massimo

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

That’s right , you can free buses but not mix Outputs.
    Has also to do with the DSP architecture.

Lieven

T112/IDR48/R72/IDR16/xDR16/2ACEcards/IPad1
    Save a tree, eat a beaver

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.