Can’t connect my Macbook to IDR32?

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Can’t connect my Macbook to IDR32?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of scruffyd scruffyd 11 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of bdunard
    bdunard
    Participant

I just purchased an IDR32 along with a Macbook pro computer to run it. I am not and don’t plan on purchasing a surface so the Macbook will be the main control in addition to a couple of iPads.

The problem that I am having is that when I open the iLive editor and select “Online + Mixrack Only” and then select the Port “ES A” the next screen shows no mix rack connected. I am assuming this is the screen where I would select my mix rack and then start configuring. Right now I am using a Cat6 cable directly connecting the MixRack and Laptop.

Things I have done:

1. I have set a manual DHCP address to 192.168.1.10 on my Macbook pro like the manual suggests.

2. I have set the sub mask to 255.255.255.0

2. I have tried both network plugs on the MixRack.

3. I have tried powering down the MixRack.

Is there something that I may be missing?

Profile photo of bdunard
    bdunard
    Participant

I have also tried another cat5 cable that I know is functional.

Profile photo of sraymond
    sraymond
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by bdunard

I have also tried another cat5 cable that I know is functional.

The ES A would be EtherSound. I’m guessing unless you’re using an EtherSound Card that might be messing you up. Mine is always set to Ace and that’s the default connection between Surface and Rack. I’ve not used Ethersound so I’m not entirely familiar how that affects computer connections however.

Scott

iDR 32
    iDR D-Out
    MMO
    Lenova T61, M90, iPad2

Profile photo of bdunard
    bdunard
    Participant

In the Allen and Heath training video they plug the laptop directly into the Ethernet network connections and not the Ace connection. I thought ACE was for a control surface.

Btw, it worked when I disabled wifi on the MacBook.

Profile photo of sraymond
    sraymond
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by bdunard

In the Allen and Heath training video they plug the laptop directly into the Ethernet network connections and not the Ace connection. I thought ACE was for a control surface.

Btw, it worked when I disabled wifi on the MacBook.

Yep….Having the WiFi on with a hard wired connection will cause problems. That was your culprit.

And yes, always use the Network connections for the computer or router connection. I was just referring to the fact that “ES A” is a setting for using an EtherSound Card in the card slot on the iDR.

Scott

iDR 32
    iDR D-Out
    MMO
    Lenova T61, M90, iPad2

Profile photo of scruffyd
    scruffyd
    Participant

For what its worth, I always keep wifi on macbook turned off until I have establisehed a wired connection to idr. Afterwards its no problem to turn on wifi. Even if it connects to the ipad router ilive editor stays rock solid on wired connetion.

Daniel

IDR32
    Dante card
    Macbook pro 17
    Ipad2 + mixpad
    Aiport express

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.