Firmware Update Ideas

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Firmware Update Ideas

This topic contains 15 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of gkhewitt gkhewitt 11 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MattFultz
    MattFultz
    Participant

I have a few update ideas for the next firmware update and hope others will contribute as they see fit.

– Allow the keypad to display the letter or number in the same manner as an iPad or iPhone when typing so you can actually see what letters your typing in. Right now, especially when typing in your password, you have to get down close and at an angle to make sure your actually touching the correct letter or number. I hope that idea makes sense.

– Allow the user to see the date displayed next to the time and allow the time to be displayed in AM & PM format instead of 24 hr. Also allow the date format to be user selectable. Here in the US, we typically use the MM/DD/YY format.

– Allow the soft keys to select more than one channel….unless that is what the scene selection is for.

– Provide better DCA description and definition and user defined names instead of simply “DCA”. Maybe I’m missing the idea of what DCA does, but is it the same as a sub group like on the Mackie boards?

– When the main is selected with the mix button, why do the Aux sends follow the fader when it should only be the mains? I am using the aux sends for my monitor mixes.

– It would be nice to have the Fx be user selectable to a fader for quick access.

That’s all for now.

Profile photo of TJCornish
    TJCornish
    Participant

DCAs are different than groups they affect not only the fader level, but anything that is post fader as well, such as post fade auxes.

For your second to last point – this is probably what you’re seeing. Your auxes are set to post fader mode, which means changes in the main level affect them. This is desirable for things like effects. For use as monitors, set them to pre fader.

As far as I know, you can assign the effects return to a fader.

I would love to have it so that I could send it out on a job and have it start up and ask any user to log on with thier password or no password at all that way I don’t have to give out the Admin password to turn it on. It kind of negates the usefullness of having permissions if anyone that can turn on the console can do what ever they want to it.

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Ryan

quote:

I would love to have it so that I could send it out on a job and have it start up and ask any user to log on with thier password or no password at all that way I don’t have to give out the Admin password to turn it on. It kind of negates the usefullness of having permissions if anyone that can turn on the console can do what ever they want to it.

This is already possible, you can set up to 10 different user profiles with GLD. go to setup – Config tab – user profiles:
    Here you can activate/deactivate the profiles, change each users permissions and set passwords for the users.

You could setup a user profile with only the controls you wish users to have and give them a set password to use. Then set your own password for the admin account so they are locked out from accessing everything.

Regards
    Sam A&H

quote:

This is already possible, you can set up to 10 different user profiles with GLD. go to setup – Config tab – user profiles:
    Here you can activate/deactivate the profiles, change each users permissions and set passwords for the users.

You could setup a user profile with only the controls you wish users to have and give them a set password to use. Then set your own password for the admin account so they are locked out from accessing everything.

Regards
    Sam A&H

I figured it out. I wasn’t turning on the users.

Profile photo of MattFultz
    MattFultz
    Participant

How come the GLD will not recognize a USB drive after it is up and running? Can this be changed so if a person decides to record mid show they do not have to shut the board down?

TJCornish
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by MattFultz

How come the GLD will not recognize a USB drive after it is up and running? Can this be changed so if a person decides to record mid show they do not have to shut the board down?

+1 – there needs to be a way to do this.

Profile photo of bucks
    bucks
    Participant

Hi Guys,

The hotplug for the USB should work without a reboot.

There were some teething issues with early Beta software.

Can you confirm what software version you’re both running, and if its not V1.00, then you need to do a firmware update.

If you still have issues, please contact A&H technical support.

Cheers

Andy
    A&H

TJCornish
    Participant

Running 1.00 non-beta. It’s not working.

Profile photo of byondo
    byondo
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by bucks

Hi Guys,

Can you confirm what software version you’re both running, and if its not V1.00, then you need to do a firmware update.

Cheers

Andy
    A&H

with firmware 1.0 (non-beta), I have no problems with my fat32 8GB pen drive, both recording and playing files and I connect it everytime when GLD80 is up and running. Notice that you can use only one usb flash memory connected, as said here:
    https://allen-heath.helpserve.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/433/124/can-i-play-and-record-from-usb-simultaneously

regards
    Massimo

I would absolutely love it for the “Alt View” button to have an option to show “Preamp Gain” on the channel strips. That would be slick as all get out! I think I would use that more than any other view.

TJCornish
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by byondo

quote:

Hi Guys,

Cheers

Andy
    A&H

with firmware 1.0 (non-beta), I have no problems with my fat32 8GB pen drive, both recording and playing files and I connect it everytime when GLD80 is up and running. Notice that you can use only one usb flash memory connected, as said here:
    https://allen-heath.helpserve.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/433/124/can-i-play-and-record-from-usb-simultaneously

regards
    Massimo

Mine is a 4GB Fat32 drive that’s not working. I’ll try to find another drive to try.

quote:

Originally posted by TJCornish

quote:

Originally posted by byondo

quote:

Hi Guys,

Cheers

Andy
    A&H

regards
    Massimo

Mine is a 4GB Fat32 drive that’s not working. I’ll try to find another drive to try.

Mine works. It is only 2GB. I completely reformatted the drive prior to ever plugging it in. Maybe that is an issue. I had received some instructions from my rep about using the thumb drives and it had worked perfectly every time.

Profile photo of Mike-Mullin
    Mike-Mullin
    Participant

My 16 gig USB works fine including plugging it in after the system is up and running.
    cheers,
    Mike

Profile photo of MoreTalentPlease
    MoreTalentPlease
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by TJCornish

DCAs are different than groups they affect not only the fader level, but anything that is post fader as well, such as post fade auxes.

For your second to last point – this is probably what you’re seeing. Your auxes are set to post fader mode, which means changes in the main level affect them. This is desirable for things like effects. For use as monitors, set them to pre fader.

As far as I know, you can assign the effects return to a fader.

So DCA -Levelchanges does not effect the preAuxes, but if I mute that DCA the prefade Auxes are muted to?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.