editors (speculating)

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions editors (speculating)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MoreTalentPlease MoreTalentPlease 11 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of byondo
    byondo
    Participant

Hi, happy GLD user here :)
    just an information, speaking about release priority, is it more probable a PC online editor or an Ipad online editor? Or both? or neither? :P

thanks in advance, regards
    Massimo

Profile photo of byondo
    byondo
    Participant

Just found this on:
    https://allen-heath.helpserve.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/426/126/will-there-be-a-pc–mac-editor-for-gld

Will there be a PC / MAC Editor for GLD?
    Posted by Mike Davey on 24 April 2012 08:54 AM
    There are currently no plans to release editor software for GLD.

No plans? Why such a statement? How can I prepare my scenes the day before the show? :( (obviously I don’t sleep with GLD…)

Please, consider this priority again!

Massimo

Profile photo of jonnyweston
    jonnyweston
    Participant

I agree Massimo,

Presonus 24.4.2,
    Korg M50, Novation SL25 MKII, Akai APC40, Akai MPD18
    Logic Studio 9, Reason 6.5, Ableton 8

Profile photo of Rexeltw
    Rexeltw
    Participant

Can’t see A&H hurrying to add editor to the GLD especially while they are still bugfixing the main system. If you add shakey wireless connections to a system wthat still has the odd flake it’ll be a lot harder to make the GLD a rock solid product.

Also its the old Porsche syndrome; Boxster was made crapper than it could be otherwise no one would have bought the 911 which is twice the price. As someone else said if you need editor, you need to buy an iLive not a GLD for the moment.

Just remember kids no matter how good your mixing is you can’t polish a turd…

Profile photo of Koopdaddy
    Koopdaddy
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Rexeltw

Also its the old Porsche syndrome; Boxster was made crapper than it could be otherwise no one would have bought the 911 which is twice the price. As someone else said if you need editor, you need to buy an iLive not a GLD for the moment.

Except the fact that pretty much every competitor (Yamaha LS9, Roland m-400, soundcraft si-32, and Behringer X32)in the price range (and below it in the case of the Behringer) has this feature. It is actually a pretty important feature so it is rather frustrating that they haven’t included it.

I understand the perspective you are trying to make from a manufacturing point of view. But from a consumer point of view, it is an issue.

I am sure A&H may have a valid reason for not having including it. It is just frustrating from my perspective that it wasn’t.

Profile photo of byondo
    byondo
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Koopdaddy

I am sure A&H may have a valid reason for not having including it. It is just frustrating from my perspective that it wasn’t.

Probably it’s just a matter of bugfixing time, as Rexeltw said, I tend to agree to that statement, less (a lot of) to a “marketing decision”.

Regards
    Massimo

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Koopdaddy

quote:

Originally posted by Rexeltw

Except the fact that pretty much every competitor (Yamaha LS9, Roland m-400, soundcraft si-32, and Behringer X32)in the price range (and below it in the case of the Behringer) has this feature. It is actually a pretty important feature so it is rather frustrating that they haven’t included it.

I understand the perspective you are trying to make from a manufacturing point of view. But from a consumer point of view, it is an issue.

the Behringer has not a finished Editor at this time, and the Soundcraft one is totally useless and faulty.

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16, Dante

Profile photo of Koopdaddy
    Koopdaddy
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by steffenromeiss
    the Behringer has not a finished Editor at this time, and the Soundcraft one is totally useless and faulty.

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16, Dante

Well the difference is that they have one in the works. From the information that has been shared about this from A&H is that they are not even going to make in an option. Correct me if I am wrong in that.

ANyway, again all I am saying is that I think they should provide the option for an offline editor if they are not already. And please hurry with it! :)

Jared

Profile photo of David J.
    David J.
    Participant

Really think that today is useless without a mixer editor for iPad and netw, loses much value. If you do not work in the future will be an obsolete product shortly. Prepare home setting makes a lot of time!

GLD-80

Profile photo of frozenwaffles
    frozenwaffles
    Participant

I cant believe it doenst have a built in coffee machine! i mean really…. these days now it should have everything!!! and for FREE!!!
    :)

Current stock:
    2x T112, 2x R72, 2x iDR-48, 2x iDR-16, 2x xDR-16
    4x Dante Cards, 3x ACE Cards

Profile photo of Yeshua
    Yeshua
    Participant

If you really want to get the software rolling, here’s the link to the TCP/IP/Midi protocols under the documents area: https://www.allen-heath.com/uk/Products/pages/ProductDetails.aspx?catId=GLDSeries&ProductId=GLD80&SubCatId=

I’m sure we would all love the first person to figure out how to make their ipad work with it…..I’d love to, but I don’t have a GLD :(

Because of A&H actually taking the time to make these documents, I can’t imagine they will never make a program, but they are still working out bugs in the console, so once they are happy with that, I would expect PC/Mac software will be next, then the iDevice software…

my iLive setup:
    offline editor on mac, demo content on ipod touch
    lol

Profile photo of MoreTalentPlease
    MoreTalentPlease
    Participant

I think we can not expect a lot of free software for a system on that price. To programm an App or an editor is work, wich has to be paid to. If we are enough customers, who are willing to pay for it, i’m convinced, Allen&Heath will do it for their customers.
    By decreasing prices for good Hardware, the Software will be more important to make money for the manufacturers in the future.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.