Help!!! Fast!!!

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Help!!! Fast!!!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Kakelfog Kakelfog 11 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MattFultz
    MattFultz
    Participant

Hi A&H
    I just received the new board this last Friday. Was goIng through learning functions and what certain buttons do when I clicked on the DCHP Ethernet button and to activate it and it asked if it could restart the desk. I clicked yes and the system froze up on me. Now all I get is a black screen with a flashing cursor in the upper left hand corner and the board no longer works.
    What do I do now? Why did this happen?

Profile photo of antonyja
    antonyja
    Participant

DHCP – is Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol, this configures the internet protocol settings of the desk from a DHCP server. The problem that you have is that you don’t have the unit connected to a network that has a DHCP server on it (probably not connected to a network at all). This means that the unit needs to time out the DHCP request before it boots – this timeout is quite long – so be patient. After it boots go and turn off the DHCP setting. Alternatively you could connect it to a network with a DHCP sever available on it, which will allow the unit to boot much quicker.

Antony Jackson
    Software Manager
    Allen & Heath Limited

Profile photo of MattFultz
    MattFultz
    Participant

Thank you. I think the black screen lasted about 2 min or so then booted up like it should have.

Profile photo of Kakelfog
    Kakelfog
    Participant

Thank you for this post. It solved my problem too!

GLD80 with dante
    Audio One PA

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.