Console Excorcist Needed

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Console Excorcist Needed

This topic contains 22 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of clarocque clarocque 11 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

The problem only occurs during the shows? Maybe something changes in your house at showtime that affects the networks…

Some RF or power related things…

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16, Dante

Profile photo of msmelser
    msmelser
    Participant

The ACE link between surface and mixrack and from mixrack to mixrack is a hard patch. There are no switches or other network devices in line (Although A&H documentation does say that switches in line are acceptable for greater distances). We use these consoles in a permanently installed environment. We can’t wire it up like a touring rig. We have had them all networked with the rest of our production equipment since we got them 3 years ago.

T112/Dual:iDR32-iDR48/Dante
    MacBook Pro/iDR16/Dante
    T112/iDR48/Dante
    T112/iDR32
    Mac Pro/Dante (Backing Tracks)
    Mac Mini/Dante (Multitracking)
    2 iPads 3s w/ MixPad

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi PeterM

quote:

Sam, I contacted American Music and Sound by phone, should I be going through https://allen-heath.helpserve.com/ instead?

Your first port of call should be America Music And Sound as they are the US distributor for A&H and deal with all technical support in the US. If the problem is unable to be resolved by AM&S then they will be in direct contact with A&H UK to help resolve the issue asap.

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of PeterM
    PeterM
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by msmelser

The ACE link between surface and mixrack and from mixrack to mixrack is a hard patch. There are no switches or other network devices in line (Although A&H documentation does say that switches in line are acceptable for greater distances). We use these consoles in a permanently installed environment. We can’t wire it up like a touring rig. We have had them all networked with the rest of our production equipment since we got them 3 years ago.

MacBook Pro/iDR16/Dante
    T112/iDR48/Dante
    T112/iDR32
    Mac Pro/Dante (Backing Tracks)
    Mac Mini/Dante (Multitracking)
    2 iPads 3s w/ MixPad

The Cat 5 cable is “mission critical”, I would make sure I used a cable that complies with AH’s specification. I would not put anything else other than the iLive on that network cable. (Even if it worked OK)

FWIW – I have had an issue where I left about 5m of unterminated Cat 5 plugged in to the rack. There was enough noise introduced into the system to stop things working properly.

Peter

PS – I would try hooking it up like a “touring rig” (as a test), and see if you have a problem.

Profile photo of clarocque
    clarocque
    Participant

Did you ever resolve this?

Profile photo of msmelser
    msmelser
    Participant

We went through a lot of troubleshooting including a hard reset using the dip switches on the back of the console, but could never isolate the problem. The infrequency of the issue made it impossible to figure out. A&H ended up sending us a replacement surface (t112) and master mixrack (idr32). We haven’t had a problem since the replacement, and the rest of our setup is the same as its always been. This leads me to believe the most likely suspect was something wrong with the master mixrack. From what I understand this is an incredibly rare issue. Only a couple people I talked had heard of it happening before.

MacBook Pro/iDR16/Dante
    T112/iDR48/Dante
    T112/iDR32
    Mac Mini/Dante (Backing Tracks)
    Mac Pro/Dante (Multitracking)
    2 iPads w/ MixPad

clarocque
    Participant

Thanks for the update…

T112, R72, iDR48 w/M-DANTE (2), PL10, MixPad, Editor
    MacBook Pro, Mac Mini
    Lion/Logic Pro/PT10
    All latest versions/firmware

clarocque
    Participant

What is A&H official word on these issues?

Is there a preventative measure for this?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.