distorted signal

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions distorted signal

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of RayS RayS 11 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of spscott
    spscott
    Participant

I am having a problem with my signal going from the Dante Card in my IDR16 going into my Macbook running Pro Tools 10. Within 3-5 minutes of opening a Pro Tools session the signal begins to be distorted and by 10 minutes the signal is completely gone. When I restart Pro Tools the process starts all over again. Has anyone else encountered this, or have any suggestions?

Profile photo of clarocque
    clarocque
    Participant

I have not had this issue with my iLive, but Sounds like it could be a clock issue.

I had similar with my previous set up (which had a clock issue).

Profile photo of gilparente
    gilparente
    Participant

Could you describe your system?
    If you do, i can direct you to a proper clocking setting. If that is your problem.

Gil Parente
    Design & Integration
    Entertainment Arts, Inc.
    iLive 176, T112
    iDR48 , iDR16, iDR10
    Multiple iPads
    Dante
    Etc..

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

It sounds like an ASIO problem, not related to clocking…????

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16, Dante

Profile photo of spscott
    spscott
    Participant

The setup is:

iLive T80
    IDR16
    Dante
    MacBook Pro
    Audinate Virtual Card
    Pro Tools 10

there is also an iLive T120 -> IDR 64 -> Dante which is networked to the above setup and the master of the two setups, but isn’t being used in reference to the macbook and pro tools

Profile photo of spscott
    spscott
    Participant

Thanks for all the input, I found the problem, it was a simple oversight on my part with the clocking. All the comments made me think to go in and check the clocking for the millionth time and I found the one assignment that i had somehow overlooked and now all is well. Thanks again.

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by spscott

Thanks for all the input, I found the problem, it was a simple oversight on my part with the clocking. All the comments made me think to go in and check the clocking for the millionth time and I found the one assignment that i had somehow overlooked and now all is well. Thanks again.

Could you give some details, this could be useful to other users..

Thx

Ray

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.