Ethernet Control

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Ethernet Control

This topic contains 19 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of spotkat spotkat 11 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of spotkat
    spotkat
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by hanysz

-Connect USB midi cable into PC and MIX
    -Start rtpmidi and set up live routings to usb midi cable
    -Click to enable
    -Open MIDI designer and connect to PC (if you cant see your PC, check firewall od port)
    -In MIDI designer open “Design” and create a fader. Double click on it and switch to MIDI card
    -Click to Learn and move some fader on MIX. If connection is OK, MIDI channel of this fader will setup automaticaly. If not, check conncetion or cable or Port in rtpmidi

Thanks for the assistance! I was able to connect to the console and have it teach the commands to MIDI Designer. Once done, I’m able to move the fader on the mixer and MIDI Designer reflects the change; however when I move the fader in MIDI Designer, no change happens on the mixer. I do have both in and out MIDI cables hooked up.

Anything silly I might be missing? (FYI, using a Mac and running the Audio MIDI Setup).

Profile photo of bigbean
    bigbean
    Participant

You seem to be missing the editor app from A&H[:D]

Profile photo of hanysz
    hanysz
    Participant

I had same problem :(, unfortunately I dont know, how I solved it. But I thing you have problem in firewall or some program, which using same port as MIDI. Try another port. Maybe try PC with windows just for control, if it worked. I have windows and midirtp so I don’t know OSX.

Profile photo of hanysz
    hanysz
    Participant

I hope it will soon be an official application to the Ipad. Allen Heath don’t write information and development is really slow :(.

Profile photo of spotkat
    spotkat
    Participant

New twist in my trials to get Midi Designer working…

When I was trying it out before, I would teach Designer via the fader for channel 1. Since I never got it working, I left it at that (moving physical fader would make virtual fader move, but no control via virtual fader). A few days later, I tried it again with no luck. But for kicks, I tried it on an Aux fader as well. That didn’t work either. But to my surprise, both the virtual fader I assigned to the Aux fader AND the virtual fader I assigned to channel 1 would BOTH move when I moved either of the physical faders.

Any thoughts on that one??

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.