Ethernet Control

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Ethernet Control

This topic contains 19 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of spotkat spotkat 11 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of peterwit
    peterwit
    Participant

In the literature for the GLD, it mentions that the ethernet port is for “future connectivity” or something along those lines. Is there an iOS or editor-type software package in the works? Something that can compete with the Presonus iOS app would make the GLD very attractive for personal monitor mixing with zero extra hardware to worry about…

Profile photo of antonyja
    antonyja
    Participant

Currently you can control a sub-set of the GLD’s functions via a TCP/IP connection thru the Ethernet port. Details of this protocol (based on MIDI), and the MIDI protocol document will (soon) be available on the A&H website.

Antony Jackson
    Software Manager
    Allen & Heath Limited

Profile photo of byondo
    byondo
    Participant

before the ipad app, I would eagerly wait for a more conventional off-line/on-line PC editor. I couldn’t even think about a digital mixer without such software.

Regards
    Massimo

Profile photo of QualityAV
    QualityAV
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by antonyja

Currently you can control a sub-set of the GLD’s functions via a TCP/IP connection thru the Ethernet port. Details of this protocol (based on MIDI), and the MIDI protocol document will (soon) be available on the A&H website.

Antony Jackson
    Software Manager
    Allen & Heath Limited

Ehm.. my GLD-80 responds to a PING command, but how do I acces the console? Web-browser as there is no software at the moment?
    Firefox just gave error.

GulikerAV.nl ownes GLD-80

Profile photo of antonyja
    antonyja
    Participant

The protocol specification document is now available from our web site…

https://www.allen-heath.com/UK/Products/pages/ProductDetails.aspx?catId=GLDSeries&ProductId=GLD80&SubCatId=

Named “GLD TCP/IP Protocol V1.0” under the tab “Documents”.

HTH

Antony Jackson
    Software Manager
    Allen & Heath Limited

Profile photo of TJCornish
    TJCornish
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by GulikerAV

quote:

Originally posted by antonyja

Antony Jackson
    Software Manager
    Allen & Heath Limited

Ehm.. my GLD-80 responds to a PING command, but how do I acces the console? Web-browser as there is no software at the moment?
    Firefox just gave error.

GulikerAV.nl ownes GLD-80

There is no software yet, either external or web-based. You can roll your own software using the TCP/IP information that Antony linked. Unless you’re a programmer though, this isn’t going to be what you want, as no one has written any remote control software for the GLD yet.

peterwit
    Participant

This is interesting. That means you’re letting anyone develop potentially really useful apps for the console. The question is, how long do I have to wait for some outside developer to see this potential? Hmm……

peterwit
    Participant

Reading through the tcp/ip and midi control documents, it is not clear how/if you can change the level to an aux. I see a way to change “fader levels” but no way to specify a mix. Does the fader level always correspond to the “main mix” level? Or is there a way to specify that i’m not noticing?

It would really be nice to see this command-set expanded to include EQ and dynamics for each channel, as well.

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Peter

i’m afraid you cannot currently conrol Aux Send levels via TCP/IP control, only the master aux levels. This is on the feature request list for future firmware.

Regards
    Sam A&H

peterwit
    Participant

another thing that would make this a more usable feature would be the ability to read current levels of things, so you could build software controls that aren’t guessing. If that isn’t possible in the midi scheme, then commands for incrementing or decrementing values would be very helpful.

Profile photo of master92
    master92
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Stealth

Hi Peter

i’m afraid you cannot currently control Aux Send levels via TCP/IP control, only the master aux levels. This is on the feature request list for future firmware.

Regards
    Sam A&H

I’m a programmer and also would like to control Aux Send Levels of the GLD-80 via TCP/IP. Is one of my personal buying criterias. When will there be the next firmware update? (The last one is Version 1.02 from June 2012) Will it be until April 2013? And will it have the feature requested?

Profile photo of spotkat
    spotkat
    Participant

Has anyone written a control program with TouchOSC, or any other iPad/iPhone/Android compatible control program?

Profile photo of hanysz
    hanysz
    Participant

spotkat:
    You can connect usb midi cable from gld midi i/o into computer and share midi controls via wifi. I using MIDI designer on ipad, you can create templates on the ipad easily. TOUCHosc is unfortunately incompatible, because don’t support NRPN midi messages :(.

Profile photo of spotkat
    spotkat
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by hanysz

spotkat:
    You can connect usb midi cable from gld midi i/o into computer and share midi controls via wifi. I using MIDI designer on ipad, you can create templates on the ipad easily. TOUCHosc is unfortunately incompatible, because don’t support NRPN midi messages :(.

Would it be at all possible for you to put up a few details about your configuration and how you set up your codes to work in Midi Designer? I’ve been playing with it on and off for a few days and haven’t had any success (I’m no MIDI guru!)

Profile photo of hanysz
    hanysz
    Participant

-Connect USB midi cable into PC and MIX
    -Start rtpmidi and set up live routings to usb midi cable
    -Click to enable
    -Open MIDI designer and connect to PC (if you cant see your PC, check firewall od port)
    -In MIDI designer open “Design” and create a fader. Double click on it and switch to MIDI card
    -Click to Learn and move some fader on MIX. If connection is OK, MIDI channel of this fader will setup automaticaly. If not, check conncetion or cable or Port in rtpmidi

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.