0db Centre Dents

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions 0db Centre Dents

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Albin Albin 11 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of naffdave
    naffdave
    Participant

I so wish there was a option to 0db centre dent its probally my OCD but i find im constantly checking im on 0db with my faders. I do a show were i have to pull back the foh DCA vocs by 5db and front line wedges by 10db for chat inbetween every song. I then have to quickly when a number starts get both back to 0db i often find i overshoot a 0 line centre dent which i had when using SD8 makes life so much easier. And please dont say i should store a scence as id be constantly having to update it.

Dave

Profile photo of gilparente
    gilparente
    Participant

Id settle for a Default button prefence that would only apply to faders. It would be way easier than making a detent.

Gil Parente
    Design & Integration
    Entertainment Arts, Inc.
    iLive 176, T112
    iDR48 , iDR16, iDR10
    Multiple iPads
    Dante
    Etc..

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

Sorry, this is an issue that only exists in your head. It doesn’t matter in real life if you put the fader on exactly 0dB or +0.2dB or -0.3dB.

Such dent would have to be programmable. I wouldn’t like to have those dents at the 0dB input/output fader line when in GEQ fader flip. Also I have these situations too, where I need to pull back some outputs for a short time a place them back to were they where, but I never had the feeling “I need dents”. For this problem I would rather prefer other solutions. One would be an “auto scene update when recalling another scene” updating the last used scene if you recall a new scene, so you have stored your last settings. Another would be a “undo scene change buffer” where you can go back to the last settings before recalling a scene.

Profile photo of grahamwhite
    grahamwhite
    Participant

i wish iLive had Macros, after spending some time on SD8 i found them very versatile for ‘dimming’ and other such things.

http://www.TotalLiveSound.com

Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

Whats the macros of the Digicos?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.