Peak Lights

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of jimvoyager jimvoyager 11 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of naffdave
    naffdave
    Participant

Hi
    Been using the T112 since beginning of the year after switching from SD8 i prefer the way the gain structure seems to work on the ilive but find i do get peak lights at times are they set early as i dont hear any distortion ?

Dave

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Dave,

Input channel metering is post-processing, pre-fader, but the red Peak indicator is multipoint sensing which means it keeps a check on signal activity throughout the channel path. It lights to warn that the signal is within 5dB of clipping. If it lights before the rest of the meter this means that the signal is peaking earlier in the channel path.

Please also note that iLive meters are fast response digital absolute peak meters. This ensures you keep control and avoid digital clipping of signals including those with very fast dynamics. It does mean the iLive meters may read hotter than those on other consoles you are used to. It is perfectly ok to work with meters reading well into the yellow.

Hope this helps

Nicola
    A&H

Profile photo of naffdave
    naffdave
    Participant

Thanks for the info Nicola

Dave

Profile photo of jimvoyager
    jimvoyager
    Participant

Good inside info Nicola.
    Thanks

R72 & IDR32
    MacBook pro
    iPad 2
    Airport express router

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.