Where is version 2.0???

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Where is version 2.0???

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tuejo Tuejo 12 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of frozenwaffles
    frozenwaffles
    Participant

Ok, so i know there was talk on this super duper system update with massive changes to how the network transports audio and all that…along with many many other system changes…
    Where is this update in time and will we see it this year???
    Or is this now just a defunct idean and will it be implemented in iLive2?

Current stock:
    2x T112, 2x R72, 2x iDR-48, 2x iDR-16, 2x xDR-16
    4x Dante Cards, 3x ACE Cards

Profile photo of Rexeltw
    Rexeltw
    Participant

To be fair 90% of the talk about version 2.0 (it will be version 1.9 next I think) was brought up by forum users. If you’ve had any experience dealing with critical firmware updates and other board manufactures (especially Yamaha) then you’ll probably appreciate the time other companies take to update their software. Personally I’d rather wait until A&H are to happy to release it than deal with Beta testing a new firmware on a show. Just a thought

Just remember kids no matter how good your mixing is you can’t polish a turd…

Profile photo of frozenwaffles
    frozenwaffles
    Participant

Oh Rex I totally agree, it would just be nice to know the roadmap for these consoles as this will influence future purchases…
    I’m a big believer of releasing software when it’s ready…

Current stock:
    2x T112, 2x R72, 2x iDR-48, 2x iDR-16, 2x xDR-16
    4x Dante Cards, 3x ACE Cards

Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

I just can say what i`ve been told at Frankfurt ProLight&Sound.
    Version 1.9 is in test right now – if everything works out fine its planned to release it in 4-5 weeks.
    Its planned that an distortion effect and an Multiband Compressor are contained within 1.9 along with other small changes.
    Also i was told that a pitch shifter was planned but could not be programmed well enough because of DSP Usage so its been dropped.
    Then its planned to re-wright the software from scratch on – that weill then be called version 2.0 – but thats an long term project and not to expect in near future.
    Thats what i`ve been told.

Profile photo of Tuejo
    Tuejo
    Participant

yaaahhh!! Multiband!! YAAAAHHH!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.