Dante Controller v3.2.0 released- redundant link

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Dante Controller v3.2.0 released- redundant link

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ahjeff ahjeff 11 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

New Dante Controller software v3.2.0 has been released that has a few “under the hood” changes – the main change for iLive users is support of the Brooklyn ll redundant link capability.
    From release notes:
    The new Network Config tab allows supported devices to be toggled between ‘Redundant’ and ‘Switched’ modes.
    Dante devices that support redundancy have two Ethernet ports. When a device is set to ‘Redundant’ mode, audio traffic on the primary Ethernet port is mirrored to the secondary port, enabling a redundant network to carry audio in the event of a problem with the primary network (see the Dante Controller user guide for more information on Dante redundancy).

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

Profile photo of frozenwaffles
    frozenwaffles
    Participant

i thought we needed a firmware update to make this work???

Current stock:
    2x T112, 2x R72, 2x iDR-48, 2x iDR-16, 2x xDR-16
    4x Dante Cards, 3x ACE Cards

Profile photo of Oscar-Soderlund
    Oscar-Soderlund
    Participant

Yes,

I think we have to wait for A&H on this to work.
    I connected a box today with Dante card, and it just says:
    “This device does not support Dante Redundancy”
    I’m sure it’s in the works, and that A&H have it on their list.

Parashoot
    Sweden

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

Hi

We are aware of this release, but we are waiting for a time slot to do our own testing on the firmware, before putting it up on the website. I didn’t realise the switch to turn redundant mode on/off had got into this version of Controller; this is good news as we were a bit worried about turning redundant mode always on, as it might have messed up some people’s systems that relied on the Secondary port working as a switch port. We expect our testing to commence next month; obviously the length of the testing period depends on whether we find any problems or not.

Cheers

– Jeff, A&H

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Yeah – Perhaps a step closer now though?

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

Profile photo of clarocque
    clarocque
    Participant

Any updates on this?

T112, iDR48 w/M-DANTE, PL10, MixPad, Editor
    GLD-80 w/M-DANTE, GLD-AR2412, GLD-AR84 (2)
    MacBook Pro, Mac Mini
    Lion/Logic Pro/PT10
    All latest versions/firmware

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

Hi

Please see my recent post on this topic here: https://iliveforum.allen-heath.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2231#8049.

To be honest, I don’t remember what was happening with Dante back in March, but presumably at the time of writing of my last post in this thread, we were expecting to receive the new Dante firmware in April. As per the other thread linked above, this turned out to not be the case.

I’ll lock this thread now so that we can keep the discussion in the more recent thread (https://iliveforum.allen-heath.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2231), and avoid any confusion from people reading this one and thinking that it’s current.

Cheers

– Jeff

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.