iOS 5.1 crashes MixPad

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions iOS 5.1 crashes MixPad

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Wolfgang Wolfgang 12 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of john@eartsinc
    john@eartsinc
    Participant

Had this issue this morning. Anyone else? Try to avoid downloading iOS 5.1 till A&H release a mixpad update

John
    System Integrator
    Entertainment Arts Inc.

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

I would be interested in follow-up on this. Anyone else the same experience?

Wouter
    IDR32, R72, Dante, Mixpad
    laptop, TP-Link TL-WR1043ND

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

?

Wouter
    IDR32, R72, Dante, Mixpad
    laptop, TP-Link TL-WR1043ND

Profile photo of Detonator
    Detonator
    Participant

I downloaded 5.1 (before this thread), used the iPad1 to mix at a (large) hotel job. The hotel had 3 strong wifi addresses, I used 4 Line6 digital wireless mics (2.4 gig band – they cause great connection issues in that band, I MUST connect at 5 gig), and I put the router on top of one of the top speaker boxes (I can’t help but think having the router that close to the powerful horn magnet can’t be good…).

I did seem to have to wait a bit to establish initial connection (20-30 seconds), and an occasional slow response, but the show went on with no issues. I’m going to find a better place to position the router, but other than that, it was business as usual.
    *I have found that the iPad is more responsive when it is not in its (cheap) cover, I never run any additional programs on the iPad when mixing, I always use the 5 gig band.

Tim Tyler
    Detonator Sound
    Richmond, Va USA
    T112/48 R72/32 laptop iPad Dir-815

Profile photo of lawbass61
    lawbass61
    Participant

Seems fine to me. Logs right on and stays connected. Perhaps an address issue?

Jonathan Wade
    Suburban Legend Audio

Profile photo of levi.parker21
    levi.parker21
    Participant

Ran a show just this last weekend using 5.1 and didn’t have any issues, using the iPad for monitors so I was even multitasking quite a bit.

Levi Parker
    LEPA Audio

Live sound is like a giant orange gorilla who wants to rip your face off, grab your faders and go to war!

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by levi.parker21

Ran a show just this last weekend using 5.1 and didn’t have any issues…

me too. no problems with 5.1

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.