Ipad 3?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of woutert woutert 12 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jimvoyager
    jimvoyager
    Participant

I just got the mail out for a new iPad that promises faster wifi.
    Is this the iPad 3 ….. But they are no longer using the numbers.
    Could this be the thing that gets rid of the mixpad gremlins?
    Available march 16th.
    [:)]

R72 & IDR32
    MacBook pro
    iPad 2
    Airport express router

Profile photo of dymondaudio
    dymondaudio
    Participant

If your referring to the app loosing connection, levels bouncing eraticly, loss of control etc etc. Then it’s an issue with the app which A&H are aware of.

Profile photo of levi.parker21
    levi.parker21
    Participant

Just got the new iPad today. I did a little bit of checking and found that MixPad is running well on it. The meters might be a smudge slower than on my iPad 2, but it’s really slight. Hopefully A&H will release a mantienence update here soon to help optimize for the iPad (3rd Generation) and ease some of the bugs.

Levi Parker
    LEPA Audio

Live sound is like a giant orange gorilla who wants to rip your face off, grab your faders and go to war!

Profile photo of sraymond
    sraymond
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by dymondaudio

If your referring to the app loosing connection, levels bouncing eraticly, loss of control etc etc. Then it’s an issue with the app which A&H are aware of.

I lose the meters occasionally, temporarily, probably just the router not entirely compatible with multicast, but I have a reoccurring problem with losing channel selection capability. I can still double click to select a mix and have never lost that ability. Shutting down mixpad and restarting takes care of the problem but it usually happens again later. Can mix as normal just can’t select a channel for EQ,comp, etc. Is that something others have noticed as well?

Scott

iDR 32
    iDR D-Out
    MMO
    Lenova T61, M90, iPad2

jimvoyager
    Participant

Yea, that’s the kind of stuff I’m getting too.
    The worst part is when I loose the main mix but the iPad still thinks its connected,
    But it’s not actually doing anything. I keep telling myself I can hear the change I’ve made, but then I realize! Doh.
    Jim

R72 & IDR32
    MacBook pro
    iPad 2
    Airport express router

jimvoyager
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by levi.parker21

Just got the new iPad today. I did a little bit of checking and found that MixPad is running well on it. The meters might be a smudge slower than on my iPad 2, but it’s really slight. Hopefully A&H will release a mantienence update here soon to help optimize for the iPad (3rd Generation) and ease some of the bugs.

Levi Parker
    LEPA Audio

Live sound is like a giant orange gorilla who wants to rip your face off, grab your faders and go to war!

Strange to hear the meters are slower on the new iPad?
    J

R72 & IDR32
    MacBook pro
    iPad 2
    Airport express router

Profile photo of sraymond
    sraymond
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by jimvoyager

Yea, that’s the kind of stuff I’m getting too.
    The worst part is when I loose the main mix but the iPad still thinks its connected,
    But it’s not actually doing anything. I keep telling myself I can hear the change I’ve made, but then I realize! Doh.
    Jim

R72 & IDR32
    MacBook pro
    iPad 2
    Airport express router

Yep… have had that happen as well. Mostly I just have to have my head screwed on right so I’m not adjusting the EQ, etc on the wrong channel when I failed to select the channel or when the iPAD locks up the channel select. I guess the one good thing about mixpad is it only takes about 10 secs to restart it.

Scott

iDR 32
    iDR D-Out
    MMO
    Lenova T61, M90, iPad2

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

I honestly would like to see an update with some bugfixes on the mixpad.

After all we’re getting used to see updates of all sort of free apps or apps that cost 3,99€. At the same time, my most expensive app thus far has never received an update, a bit disappointing i must admit :-(

Wouter
    IDR32, R72, Dante, Mixpad
    laptop, TP-Link TL-WR1043ND

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.