Redundant connection feature lost

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Redundant connection feature lost

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of lawbass61 lawbass61 12 years ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of lawbass61
    lawbass61
    Participant

I recently attended a seminar hosted by Justin Eggleton, the national training manager. Fantastic day, thanks for putting that together. During the seminar, I asked why the redundant connection no longer worked.
    By this I meant that formerly, even if you lack a ACE B card,a second CAT5E cable connected to a network port would keep the surface and the Mixrack connected if the ACE connection was lost, although audio from the surface would not pass. Now, however, if you plug a second CAT5E cable in, it prevents the surface and Mixrack from connecting.
    Justin and Ryan were both surprised to learn this, and we checked this on the surface and controller at the seminar to make sure it was not just my equipment. Justin and Ryan are going to be checking with the folks at A&H about this. I hope that this will be fixed in the next firmware release.

Jonathan Wade
    Suburban Legend Audio

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.