Witch protocol/cards do we need to buy?

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Witch protocol/cards do we need to buy?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ddff_lv ddff_lv 12 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Resthill
    Resthill
    Participant

We have a iLive T112 (only ace, not expandable?) and idr-48 (empty B-slot)
    We also have a iLive 144 (probably RAB1?? (How can i check this))
    and a idr-10 (probbarby also RAB1?? (How can i check this))
    What we want to achieve primarily is to use all surfaces and racks with each other…
    Then I guess ACE on the 144 and iDR-10 is the way to go (Witch needs RAB 2 upgrade??)
    A second thing that would be much appreciated is multitrack recording… Then I guess DANTE or ES2 (Also needing RAB2) is the way to go?

“If bad sound were fatal, audio would be the leading cause of death”
    ;-)

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Resthill

quote:

We have a iLive T112 (only ace, not expandable?)

You are correct you cannot expand out of the T112 surface as there is only 1 ACE port which needs to connect to the mixrack.

quote:

We also have a iLive 144 (probably RAB1?? (How can i check this))
    and a idr-10 (probarby also RAB1?? (How can i check this)
    What we want to achieve primarily is to use all surfaces and racks with each other…
    Then I guess ACE on the 144 and iDR-10 is the way to go (Witch needs RAB 2 upgrade??)

The RAB1 module is fixed to Ethersound only and you cannot fit any other types of module into a RAB1, RAB2 has 2 option ports which you can change what type of module is fitted. The RAB2 module also has 2 BNC connections at the bottom of the module for additional audio sync options In/Out.

Too achieve what you need i suggest you upgrade all of your RAB1 modules to RAB2 then fit either ACE or Dante to connect all of your systems together. ACE will be the cheaper more simple solution, though with Dante you can configure a more complex system depending on your system architechure requirements. Having Dante fitted to all of your system will also make recording from any system alot more flexible.
    The best option maybe to have a hybrid of ACE connections between surface and mixrack’s and then Dante between each complete system fitted to PortB of the mixracks.

quote:

A second thing that would be much appreciated is multitrack recording… Then I guess DANTE or ES2 (Also needing RAB2) is the way to go?

you can record using many of the option cards available for iLive, ES, Dante, MADI, MMO though best to see what you require before choosing which modules you need. Please have a look on the website link below which gives you information on what the different modules can do.

https://www.allen-heath.com/UK/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=iLiveSeries&ProductId=ACE&SubCatId=AudioNetworkingOptions

Hope that helps

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

A question that came to my mind… Is it possible to do dual rack and multitrack recording just with Dante in the port B of the included systems?

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16, Dante

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Afaik, no. For dual rack setup you need ACE card in master rack and Dante can be fitted into slave rack then.

ddff

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

I think you can do dual rack with other cards if the slave mixrack is an iDR10. If the Master~Slave audio link is done using Dante,MADI or EtherSound etc(to the iDR10 Slave MixRack) you can still connect the ACE control network separately.
    From the Understanding Dual Rack info document: “If the Slave MixRack is a fixed format iDR then the link has to be ACE and signal routing is automatically configured. If a modular iDR is used, then the link could be EtherSound or MADI (I assume Dante, Waves etc also now) and additional signal routing possibilities would be available. Accordingly, routing options should be manually configured to ensure the 32 mix busses run from Slave to Master on lines 1-32.”

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Yes, you’re correct- I didn’t think the slave rack can be modular, in that case you gotta have 2 identical cards and ethernet link between racks.

ddff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.