redundant link issue in dual rack mic split

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions redundant link issue in dual rack mic split

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of mjpruzin mjpruzin 12 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mjpruzin
    mjpruzin
    Participant

Hello,

My set up is IDR-32 fixed FOH and IDR-10 Monitors. My FOH Surface is a 144 and my communication protocol is ACE (Monitors controlled via editor). For some reason it appears that redundant link is enabled. I cannot tunnel channels above 32 from the Monitor console to FOH and in the ACE Link output tab it shows “Warning-Redundant Link Currently Enabled” Anyone have any ideas to get around this?

Thanks,
    Jason

M. Jason Pruzin
    Sound Designer/Engineer
    Arkansas Repertory Theatre

mjpruzin
    Participant

To follow up I finally just recalled a show that pre-dates any attempts at using iLive’s templates. Something seems to be wonky in the templates as they have caused me to lose the PAFL and now screwed up my dual mic splits. Users be warned that if you have a system that functions as you like I recommend just taking the hassle of reseting from there instead of trying the templates until A&H can look at them.

M. Jason Pruzin
    Sound Designer/Engineer

mjpruzin
    Participant

Ok this is really strange, but I think I’ve finally sorted this out. In a FOH/Monitor split system it appears that the redundant links need to be “on” at both Port A and Port B of the slave (FOH) system to tunnel the Master’s (Monitor) inputs above 32 and for the PAFL headphone out to work. Maybe it’s not so much strange, but I believe this is a change from a previous firmware version where for tunneling the redundant link needed to be off. Sorry to confuse the issue and take up bandwidth-hopefully this will help out someone like me that has been a user for a while and got twisted around a little through the combination of steady upgrades along with my own constant re-configurations.

M. Jason Pruzin
    Sound Designer/Engineer

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.