Help w/User Profiles

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Help w/User Profiles

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dshriver dshriver 12 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of DCNewbie768
    DCNewbie768
    Participant

First of all, this is my first post! This has been a great resource for me in getting my T112/48 up and running. Now the questions!

We just installed the iLive at our church, and I must say, I’m quite impressed! Here is my dilemma. Since we’re a church, I have volunteers…and man do they love to play with things, not always for the better. I am going to set-up user profiles for them each so I can tie their hands a little. Is there a way that I can lock down certain channel strips processing (mainly drums and the Pastor)? I have them dialed in pretty good, but just yesterday somebody decided to play with the Pastor’s EQ and it sounded not good.

On a side note…why do people feel the need to fix something that isn’t broken? Is it the need to always be tweaking? I mean, it’s the same pastor, in the same room. Just let it be!

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by DCNewbie768

First of all, this is my first post! This has been a great resource for me in getting my T112/48 up and running. Now the questions!

We just installed the iLive at our church, and I must say, I’m quite impressed! Here is my dilemma. Since we’re a church, I have volunteers…and man do they love to play with things, not always for the better. I am going to set-up user profiles for them each so I can tie their hands a little. Is there a way that I can lock down certain channel strips processing (mainly drums and the Pastor)? I have them dialed in pretty good, but just yesterday somebody decided to play with the Pastor’s EQ and it sounded not good.

On a side note…why do people feel the need to fix something that isn’t broken? Is it the need to always be tweaking? I mean, it’s the same pastor, in the same room. Just let it be!

Sorry , you cannot restrict input channel adjustments (you could save yourself some scenes with your default parameters and lock these away from other users though)As far as I know, the following are the only permissions you can set
    iLive User Permissions:

Update Firmware
    Input Stereo Assignment
    Names and Colours
    Network Setup
    Network Connections
    Bus Configuration
    Scene Recall
    Scene Manager (Store)
    Show Manager
    Outputs (socket patching)
    Mixer Preferences
    Signal generator

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Profile photo of dshriver
    dshriver
    Participant

Hello DCNewbie768

There isn’t a way lock out the dynamics via user profile. It seems to be the UK philosophy that if you have the authorization to be behind the desk then you should have the skill/knowledge to be there. I’d like to have a bit more control over who can do what as well, but right now I don’t see a work around on it.

I can only offer one possible work around. Tie the Pastor mic to a DCA. Then turn off the strip that controls the input, while leaving the DCA strip on. The DCA would give you gain control and nothing else and input strip wouldn’t show up on the desk thus removing the temptation to adjust the dynamics. However, there is no way to prevent a user from going into surface setup and adding the Pastor’s input back to a strip. Though doing that might be complicated enough that it would discourage your volunteers.

-d

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.