Does anyone use the new M-Waves card?

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Does anyone use the new M-Waves card?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of letmefix letmefix 12 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of inlinemedia
    inlinemedia
    Participant

hi!

i’m very interested in this card and i’m looking for some technical experience
    from users.

postings highly welcome ;)

best regards,
    andee

andreas putz
    foh engineer
    office@inlinemedia.at

Profile photo of letmefix
    letmefix
    Participant

Fullcompass says they will receive their first batch by the end of March.
    I’m thinking on selling my Dante card to move on this one. Unfortunately Dante needs to solve their DVS latency by any means if they want to compete with this product.
    Recording with a simple cat5 cable and using waves multirack was my only reason for getting into dante. However 90% of my gigs are in small venues where I can’t tolerate more than 5-6ms latency.

IDR32
    Motion Computing LE1700
    idontPad1&2
    M-Dante.

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

i would wait for the next firmware update (1.9) hopefully there is a multiband comp and a dynamic eq – the only things i really miss, i tried out vst plugins out (just for testing disregarding the delay) and came to this conclusion coz the waves and so on plugs did not do the BIG difference – the only thing i could think of would be a impulse response based effect where i d love to use my microphone impulses to warm/mic up piezzo stuff coming from accoustic instruments –

cheers
    dave

allways latest firm and software
    iLive-144/t-80/idr-10 /idr-48/dante/pl-6/eyepad 1/belkin router/

Profile photo of inlinemedia
    inlinemedia
    Participant

hi!

thx for your responses :)
    @ letmefix : that are exactly my thoughts, too!

i will order one m-waves – cause it is possible to us it like dante cause of the sg driver … latency will be on focus !

looking forward to further posts…

best regards,
    andee

andreas putz
    foh engineer
    office@inlinemedia.at

Profile photo of letmefix
    letmefix
    Participant

Every time I gig, my eyes and ears are looking for waves C4 to tame wild vocals. At this point it would be nice to hear from A&H officials if there is any intention and time frame for a multiband compressor.

IDR32
    Motion Computing LE1700
    idontPad1&2
    M-Dante.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.