surface frezze

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions surface frezze

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Detonator Detonator 12 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Noeme
    Noeme
    Participant

Hi all, two weeks ago i was working with my T-112, IDR48 firmware 1.82, all works fine but the surface just frezze, all keep working in the IDR, nothing responds on the surface, I try to go to the editor software on my laptop (wifi connection), surprise, IDR was not there, I try then to go on my Ipad and the same result, IDR was not there, try then to connect my laptop by cable directly to IDR and the same result, IDR does not appears, It was 1 hour before show ends, so in all these time i losse the control over the mix even the IDR keeps working, I can´t turn off the IDR in a middle of the show, but I did when show ends, previously I test my network cables (CAT6) and both works fine, so after I restart the idr and the surface as always all works again fine, the surface, editor (wifi) and the Ipad all at the same time, the messages on the even logs was the follows:

Touch screen: ACE Port A QOS Warning
    Surface: accept returned -1, errno is 24 (httpservthrd.cpp:170)
    IDR: accept failed, Error = Too many open files in system (servthrd.cpp:153)

Ok, next week, all works fine, but the red croos on the firmware appears, the event logs was the follows:

IDR: accept returned -1, errno is 24 (httpservthrd.cpp:170)

any idea???

Comfortably numb

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Noeme

Ok, next week, all works fine, but the red croos on the firmware appears, the event logs was the follows:

IDR: accept returned -1, errno is 24 (httpservthrd.cpp:170)

any idea???

Comfortably numb

Red X errors in iLive manual https://www.allen-heath.com/UK/CategoryDocuments/iLive%20Reference%20Part%202%20Firmware%20AP6526-2_5.pdf page 97

I would connect laptop editor to iDR hardwire, if things were to go down elsewhere in the chain you’d still have control.

Hopefully someone from A&H would respond on the possible cause of the freeze

hope that helps

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Profile photo of Noeme
    Noeme
    Participant

i´ll send the event logs to A&H tech support, the entire archive, and, this saturday I will to update to 1.83 firmware, hope all works fine, thanks RayS

Comfortably numb

Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

Did you reboot the surface?
    Had this once – but without the red cross.
    The surface lost all of its LCD Colors and stops responding.
    Rebooting the surface brought it back up.
    But since you couldnt even connect to the MixRack it seems that the Network Board went down.
    For shure A&H Tech support could help you – please keep us informed as well.

Albin

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Noeme

As albin has suggested did you try and reboot the surface on its own not the mixrack? This could of got you out of trouble as long as you were not using any I/O out of the surface at that point of the gig?

There are a few possible reasons why this could happen:
    the ACE QOS would suggest a possible problem with cabling between surface and mixrack. This could then effect connection to the surface and then editor and mixpad depending on how you were connected editor (‘surface & mixrack’ or ‘Mixrack only’ connection), and where the router was physically connected to the system mixrack or surface would also have made a difference?

The actual reason for the freeze of the surface could of potentially been caused by a connection failure between editor and the surface.
    changing to multicast connection may have helped the freeze problem if editor/mixpad lost connection to the surface, or connecting editor via ‘mixrack only’ may have helped, though this is not recommended in all applications due to the complexities of running a virtual surface next to your real surface.
    The point you made about connecting the laptop to the mixrack via cable after and you could still not see the idr is interesting.

Best for Tech support to help you resolve this one.

Goodluck

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of Noeme
    Noeme
    Participant

Thanks for your helping, the time the surface goes frezze the LCD colors still on and contain the entire information as well, the meters on, the touchscreen on, but the problem was the frezzen, and then nothing responds, I try to change de faders bank, press SEL button on various channels and nothing responds, I try to reboot the surface maybe 3 o 4 times and the surface just try to conect to IDR but nothing, even no message of any error, lost connection, nothing, just the blank screen before conection, I changed the network cable but the result was the same, then, I tryed to conect my laptop editor but the IDR was missing, I tryed to do the same with my Ipad but the same result, IDR missing, other test was I leave the IDR alone without any cable, the ACE cable and the router, then I conect my laptop directly to the IDR with a cable and nothing, conect my router (cisco wrt120n) and the flasing ligth on the router tells me tha the IDR was there but my laptop cant see the IDR, when the show ends, reboot the IDR and the surface and al works fine again, the surface, the router, the editor and the ipad, even at same time.

maybe you can have a better idea if I post the archives of the event logs, but how can I post the archives of the event logs so you can see the entire log?

again, thanks for your help

Comfortably numb

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Noeme

quote:

maybe you can have a better idea if I post the archives of the event logs, but how can I post the archives of the event logs so you can see the entire log?

I am afraid I cannot directly support you here. This is best dealt with by technical support.

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of Detonator
    Detonator
    Participant

When I first got my T112/idr48 last year, I had a problem with my surface “turning off” when using editor wirelessly. I was using a “G” router, and changed to an “N” router – and the problem stopped. I tested the system as many ways as I could think of with the “G” router and had the problem until I upgraded the router. I was in contact with Allen & Heath about this problem, perhaps they still have my correspondences about this. I have had no problems since.

Just a thought…

Tim Tyler
    Detonator Sound
    Richmond, Va USA
    T112/48 R72/32 laptop iPad Dir-815

Profile photo of Noeme
    Noeme
    Participant

Hi again, the firts router I used was the airlink AR335W, “g” mode, I´, used just with the editor on my laptop wifi and works pretty for me, a little slowly but functional, and never have a problem like this one or other type, when I star to use the Ipad I chenged the router and is the one im using today, cisco WRT120n, curiously, the ipad and the editor works better in the airlink router than the cisco router.

I will send the event logs directly to A&H support.

Thanks again

Comfortably numb

Profile photo of Detonator
    Detonator
    Participant

Address conflict?

Tim Tyler
    Detonator Sound
    Richmond, Va USA
    T112/48 R72/32 laptop iPad Dir-815

Profile photo of Noeme
    Noeme
    Participant

Mmm, dont think so, mi Idr, surface and touchscreen was in the default addres, the router was 192.168.1.254, the range of addres is from 100 @ 200, so the laptop was on 192.168.1.106 and the ipad on 192.168.1.103

Comfortably numb

Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

How long did you let the surface boot?
    Just asking, cause as that was happening to me – the surface showed “connecting” about 5 Minutes till it was connecting right.

Albin

Profile photo of Noeme
    Noeme
    Participant

the firts time I reboot the surface was along 3 or 4 minutes, then i changed the network (thinking the cable was the problem) and reboot again more than 10 minutes, because in that time im was trying to conect the laptop and editor and the ipad

Comfortably numb

Profile photo of Noeme
    Noeme
    Participant

bad news, it do it again, this weekend I have 2 shows, I changed my network cable and replace it with a new one, no red croos on the main firmware, but surprise, when I tryed to open the system with my ipad, surface frezzes again, then the same history, so in a middle of the show I have to turn off the IDR and turn on again, all works again but I dont use the ipad or editor, any idea??

maybe router problem??

Comfortably numb

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Noeme

bad news, it do it again, this weekend I have 2 shows, I changed my network cable and replace it with a new one, no red croos on the main firmware, but surprise, when I tryed to open the system with my ipad, surface frezzes again, then the same history, so in a middle of the show I have to turn off the IDR and turn on again, all works again but I dont use the ipad or editor, any idea??

maybe router problem??

Comfortably numb

I have seen this typically in either network ip conflict or various other network problems…..I am suspicious as to how you are attempting to use this since you are trying to connect during the show!! should you not be all set and ready to rock by show start ?
    Can you elaborate a little bit more as to how you are doing this and in what order….seems odd that this would work for the rehearsals but not during show time…….also does this freeze ever happen without a wireless network ??

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.