Update and current consumption

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Update and current consumption

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of zblebt zblebt 12 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of zblebt
    zblebt
    Participant

Hello,
    I have one question. My “boss” didn’t want to update our iLive, we are still on 1.72 and I would like to convince him to let me update our iLive system. He is still looking for any cons this update could have and blindly belives update will ruin everything.

Now he came up with a finding, that updated iLives have bigger current consumption and he don’t want to hear about update anymore.

So I want to ask you, people from A&H, if this is something he should worry about.

I also want to ask for any cons our update could bring to us, just to show him.

iDR 48
    T112
    waiting for iPad2
    and M-Dante

Profile photo of jimvoyager
    jimvoyager
    Participant

Hi there, there is no disadvantage to upgrading the firmware. 1.83 is fairly bug free and has Lotts of new features.
    The only disadvantage is the 10 minutes it takes to do it.
    All your show files are compatible! Why not do it.
    As far as the current thing is concerned, that sounds like a load of junk to me. It’s a software upgrade, how could it change your hardware.

Jim

R72 & IDR32
    MacBook pro
    iPad 2
    Airport express router

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi zblebt

We recommend all users update to the latest version of firmware when possible. This gives you the latest features and fixes bug’s in previous versions of firmware. v1.83 is very stable and most users have updated to this software already.
    As jim has said this is a software update and therefore there will be no noticable difference in current consumption by upgrading to v1.83.

I hope that helps and hopefully your boss will let you get upto date soon :)

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of zblebt
    zblebt
    Participant

Thank you, I hope this will change his opinion. :)

iDR 48
    T112
    waiting for iPad2 and M-Dante… blindly….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.