GLD software

This topic contains 15 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mumu mumu 12 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Slammin
    Slammin
    Participant

Anyone know when the software for the new GLD will be available? I want to know fun you can have with the new desk!

Profile photo of papromike
    papromike
    Participant

How about we start shipping it first, Ive had the beta test unit for a few weeks and I can tell you its super cool. I honestly cannot think of a reason why anyone would purchase anything else, in ths price range, nothing comes close, not even remotely.

National Sales Manager
    Allen & Heath USA

Profile photo of Slammin
    Slammin
    Participant

the desk its self would be nice, but it would be nice to get more of an idea what to expect. I’m just impatient.

Profile photo of Slammin
    Slammin
    Participant

I saw the GLD live today at the BVE in London, and although the unit I saw didn’t have a finished firmware version and the GLD 80 its self was pre production, I was very impressed. I really liked the touch screen way of assigning inputs to faders/mixes (I thought the iLive was easy to use – but this looked even easier). Can’t wait for the actual desk to be released!

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

this is going to be a smash hit

cheers
    dave

allways latest firm and software
    iLive-144/t-80/idr-10 /idr-48/dante/pl-6/eyepad 1/belkin router/

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

I had a look at the new surface yesterday at a trade show in Australia, and it looks killer… at the point where you understand that it also provides you the option of using 2 consoles with a single mixrack (via either an ACE or Dante card) that just takes the cake – here’s our second monitor surface we’ve been waiting for (well, for some applications anyway!)! And I agree, at this price range nothing touches it – absolute LS9 killer.
    And from what I understand there isn’t currently any plan to bring something like editor to the product (it’s not like an iDR rack where you can take the rack sans surface), but there is an iPad app in development.

Adam Biggs
    iDR48 & IDR32 mixracks
    MixPad for iPad & Tweak for iPhone apps
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    with Belkin PlayMax N600 HD router
    Dante card tracking into Reaper with playback via FooBar

Profile photo of Dancing-Frank
    Dancing-Frank
    Participant

Does anyone of those having played with the GLD know, if it has the same user permission implementation as the iLive?

We’re currently in the decision process of buying a T80 or the GLD and user permissions and autostart scenes are one of the ‘must have’ functions.

Profile photo of Robert
    Robert
    Participant

LS9 KILLER !!! GRATE I HOPE IT WILL KILL M7CL too, to much engineers are addicted to this yammaha products and even do not want hear something new.

agutin.com
    1x T80
    2x iDR32
    2 X M-MADI CARDS
    2 X M DANTE CARDS
    desktop+2x RME HDSP MADI
    Macbook Pro,2x Macmini+DVS
    T34-T80-T112-T144
    evolution of SOVIET TANK

Profile photo of papromike
    papromike
    Participant

Its a different beast than the M7CL

Honesly the current iLive-T is the M7CL killer, GLD is the LS9 Killer

National Sales Manager
    Allen & Heath USA

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by papromike

Its a different beast than the M7CL

Honesly the current iLive-T is the M7CL killer, GLD is the LS9 Killer

Yep – agreed! But just waiting to see if any remote control software will be available for the GLD system(GLD iPad app?, Editor?) before we can say “the LS9 is Dead! – Long live the GLD” I don’t see a conventional “network” port on the back of GLD so does that mean no external control options – or will that be possible via DSnake,plug in cards or possibly via USB? Anyone know the answer to this??

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

Profile photo of Dancing-Frank
    Dancing-Frank
    Participant

There is a regular network port at the back of the GLD. Described in the Brochure with “connection for future control options”.
    As I read in other forums A&H focuses fist of all on the release and initial bugfixes after the release and will maybe afterwards use theis system developers for the control software like App and editor.

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Thanks for that – I just didn’t spot the network port. Sweet – looking forward to control options then!

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

when does the delivering of the board starts?

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16, Dante

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

There is an iPad app in the works according to the A&H rep who came in with it (Tim?), but no solid plans for an editor style pc/mac program.
    They’re already shipping as far as I know, but they’re sold out of the first couple of shipments here already…
    Should be very interesting to see how they fit in the market, definitely an LS9 alternative!!!

Adam Biggs
    iDR48 & IDR32 mixracks
    MixPad for iPad & Tweak for iPhone apps
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    with Belkin PlayMax N600 HD router
    Dante card tracking into Reaper with playback via FooBar

Profile photo of dymondaudio
    dymondaudio
    Participant

I guess they need to keep some exclusivity options for the iLive otherwise it’s a t80/iDR system at roughly half the price so iLive sales would plummet.
    Shame all the prices have gone up thanks to their new distribution deal with AT.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.