Recording using Dante

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Recording using Dante

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Geddy Geddy 12 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of CHRISN
    CHRISN
    Participant

Hi fellow i live’rs

Here’s a video my friend and I made. He shot it with a bunch of dslr cameras, go pro and a epic red camera. I used an IDR 32 with a dante card, two lap tops; one to control the ilive and one for recording to logic pro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K81t7KXdSq0

i could only record 14 tracks before the recording drive would crash so remember to get a raid drive [:I]

MacBook 13in penryn
    MacBook pro 13in i5 2.3
    Ipad2
    Glyph external hd
    Idr-32
    Dante card
    Tp link router

Profile photo of CHRISN
    CHRISN
    Participant

watch it 720 hd just click on the bottom right to change the quality

MacBook 13in penryn
    MacBook pro 13in i5 2.3
    Ipad2
    Glyph external hd
    Idr-32
    Dante card
    Tp link router

Profile photo of CMattE
    CMattE
    Participant

Didn’t watch the video but I record 24+ channels for over 2 hrs through Dante to either an external FireWire drive, or the system drive the time or two I forgot to bring the external. Works like a champ. However I am using reaper to record. So that may make some difference.

T112/48, MacBook Pro, D-link DIR-815, iPad 1 w/mixpad, Dante card feeding a Mac Mini w/DVS.

Profile photo of CHRISN
    CHRISN
    Participant

I assume it’s logic pro …….. I still haven’t tried recording with a raid drive …….. Hopefully it’s not my processor !!!! But I’m still super impressed with the system !!!!

[8D]

MacBook 13in penryn
    MacBook pro 13in i5 2.3
    Ipad2
    Glyph external hd
    Idr-32
    Dante card
    Tp link router

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

a 7200 drive should do..no need for raid, i make 32 tracks with a (!) singlecore vaio.

cheers
    dave

allways latest firm and software
    iLive-144/t-80/idr-10 /idr-48/dante/pl-6/eyepad 1/belkin router/

Profile photo of Geddy
    Geddy
    Participant

It looks like Logic is the show stopper. I’d similar problem a year ago when I did some recordings for a customer on Logic via MADI (RME-MADIFace, MacbookPro i7, 8GBRAM, internal HDD7200, external HDD7200) and Logic. Same Hardware with ProTools (max 32ch.) and Steinberg Cubase and Reaper are working reliable. This while recording complete shows up to 3,5h+ and apr. 45ch. max.

Question is what logic version we’re talking about. I heard some rumors about logic 9 makes some trouble?

But as I’m no Logic professional I’m looking forward to some other experience statements.

Cheers
    Gunter

Günter Eisbach
    dL-Recording
    Darmstadt / Germany

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.