TO A&H: new modules for modular-series … ?

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions TO A&H: new modules for modular-series … ?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Stealth Stealth 12 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of inlinemedia
    inlinemedia
    Participant

@ allen&heath:

it would very cool, if there is a slot-in card for the modular ilive surfaces, that
    has 1x ADAT IN and 1xADAT OUT like the yamahas have.

is this possible? if so, it will be killer for external fx, outboard, etc.

greetz,
    andee

andreas ‘ND’ putz
    live-sound engineer
    office@inlinemedia.at

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Andee

Do you mean a slot in card for the x4 available I/O slots (e.g. Mic/Line) on the back of the modular surface or RAB2 Module cards (e.g. ACE, Dante etc)?

If you mean the x4 available I/O slots (e.g. Mic/Line) on the back of the modular surface We do have a Digital I/O cards available that do AES/SPDIF/Optical
    https://www.allen-heath.com/UK/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=iLiveSeries&ProductId=DigitalInputModule&SubCatId=AudioModuleOptions
    https://www.allen-heath.com/UK/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=iLiveSeries&ProductId=DigitalOutputModule&SubCatId=AudioModuleOptions

in answer to you question:
    It would be possible to create an option card that handles 1x ADAT IN and another for 1x ADAT out. We already have an option card that has ADAT out.
    https://www.allen-heath.com/UK/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=iLiveSeries&ProductId=DigitalMultiOutputModule&SubCatId=AudioModuleOptions

Though this is not currently something we are looking into unless there is a big enough demand, as we already have a digital solution with AES/SPIF/Optical.

Regards
    Sam A&H

inlinemedia
    Participant

hi sam!

thank you for your reply.
    i mean a module for the 4x slots in the modular surface.
    ONE module with 1x adat in AND 1x adat out – like the yamaha my-8at.
    i need it to interface a audio-interface w/ adat-ports…

kind regards,
    andee

andreas putz
    foh engineer
    office@inlinemedia.at

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Andee

Thanks for the feedback

No i’m afraid it would not be possible to have a 16 channels of ADAT in ONE module. With iLive the card slots each support 8 channels so you would need 1xADAT IN module and 1x ADAT OUT module.

Would this be useful for you still if you had to use 2 x modules – 1x ADAT In and 1x ADAT OUT?

Regards
    Sam A&H

inlinemedia
    Participant

hi sam!

yes – if there is bundle-price for these 2 modules, it would be fine and thinkable for me.

kind regards,
    andee

andreas putz
    foh engineer
    office@inlinemedia.at

inlinemedia
    Participant

hi sam!

any news to this topic?

greetz,
    andee

andreas putz
    foh engineer
    office@inlinemedia.at

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Andreas

Thanks for your ideas.

I have taken on board your comments and put them into the feature request database.

Regards
    Sam A&H

inlinemedia
    Participant

hi sam!

it’s me again ;)
    is it realistic, that those modules will be available soon or not?
    please tell me that – if they do not come soon i have to buy the available modules and must do a digital-conversion ADAT <-> AES/EBU.

greetz,
    andee

andreas putz
    foh engineer
    office@inlinemedia.at

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Andee

I’m afraid not. I have only put these forward as requests. This request will need to now go to review. I cannot see these being considered any time soon and may not be designed at all unless there is a significant high level of demand i’m afraid.

Best regards
    Sam

Regards
    Sam A&H

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.